RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,461 Posts
only 156K miles? I'm sure he'll chime in but the reining mileage champ is over 800K over two motors.
There's a few other that left 100K in the dust a while ago who frequent the forum, they'll probably chime in also

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 253,000 KM.
1,779 Posts
256,000kms on my 2016. EGR was deleted when it failed at 14 months old and 70,000kms. FCA would not cover it. GDE tuned then. Never been to the dealer after its first oil change. I've done front wheel bearings, Fuel lift pump, brakes. Only recall thats been done is the tailgate. Runs like a champ and still rides better than any other 1500 I've driven.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
256,000kms on my 2016. EGR was deleted when it failed at 14 months old and 70,000kms. FCA would not cover it. GDE tuned then. Never been to the dealer after its first oil change. I've done front wheel bearings, Fuel lift pump, brakes. Only recall thats been done is the tailgate. Runs like a champ and still rides better than any other 1500 I've driven.
Thats sweet, just gives me something to look forward to, read so much bad shit about them wanted some good to read lol, got mine all deleted at 120,000km, no issues yet… knock on wood lol

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You're just seeing the tip of iceberg, others will chime in. We have commercial use members as well, I think you'll see the deleted folks tend to have the fewest issues.

Reactions: Ecosparky

·
Registered
147 Posts
My fairly new to me 2015 has about 130k on a delete eco with the banks setup and straight piped.. I recently put some zddp additive along with some lucas additive with my last t6 oil change... Snake oil? Maybe, but Ive spent enough years working on classic flat tappet engines and in those forums to know the ZDDP dramatically reduces metal on metal wear and prevents cam/lifter failures on those engines so why not? It will likely help with bearing wear. I do not have the cat converter and such to foul up with the zddp which was one of the main reasons zinc has been dramatically reduced from most modern oils.

Ironically I just swapped out the flat tappet cam on my stingray with a retro roller setup this spring in part to eliminate the need for the zddp additive in that engine I built...

·
Super Moderator
3,820 Posts
Gearjammer, Real easy on the truck AEM tune?

Burvick, First engine tuned at 30k but I didn’t remove the EGR cooler. It leaked internally to go out the tail pipes. I think low coolant caused it to push a head gasket. 371,000 miles. Second motor went 423,000 miles before cracking a head. Co worker James also tuned got 452,000 miles out of his before the high pressure fuel pump self destructed filling a cylinder with shrapnel.

This might be a good thread for ya.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
If you are worried about bearing wear, do a UOA and look at ppm of silver. So far, knock on wood, I only had 1 ppm silver once, on the initial fill. Coming up on 130,000 mi, all but 5,000 mi tuned. I love my Ecodiesel, but fi I ever see silver in a Blackstone UOA, I'll be looking to trade for a 3 gen.

Reactions: TexasJoe

·
Registered
140 Posts
Gearjammer, Real easy on the truck AEM tune?

Burvick, First engine tuned at 30k but I didn’t remove the EGR cooler. It leaked internally to go out the tail pipes. I think low coolant caused it to push a head gasket. 371,000 miles. Second motor went 423,000 miles before cracking a head. Co worker James also tuned got 452,000 miles out of his before the high pressure fuel pump self destructed filling a cylinder with shrapnel.

This might be a good thread for ya.

Verndiesel

First owner had engine fail at 87k miles. I bought truck with 94k miles or 10k on new engine. I tuned with GDE compliant tune. Engine failed 6 months after. Was pretty easy on driving it. Had engine replaced again and tuned stage one MR tuning. Drive it harder and tow trailers on weekends. Currently have 22k miles and good oil samples. All dealer done oil changes. Hopefully engine holds this time. Last 2 were main bearing failure

·
Registered
295 Posts
203,000 miles, original engine, though I did have to replace the #5 glow plug and had to top off the coolant bottle about 100k miles ago. GDE'd at about 70k miles; hasn't been to the dealer since. I'm also changing my oil (Rotella T-6) every 25,000 miles, based on Blackstone Labs used oil analysis.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Reactions: VernDiesel

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
237,000+ miles and almost 6,000 hours on original engine. Tuned at 50k. Runs better than day 1 thx to GDE hahahahaha.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts