RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Anyone have the part number for this clip?

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  shaggn85 
#1 ·
It's the plastic clip that holds the crank case ventilation hose on.

I think mine is shot, or at least the O ring.

Had a crankcase ventilation CEL, and saw oil vapor all over that hose. Appears to have leaked from the connection point.

Thank you.
Automotive tire Fluid Motor vehicle Spark plug Rim

See less See more
#4 ·
I would try to find a Viton O ring that is similar and replace it! I've tried to find this part going thru tech at dealer and they just shook their heads. I used this piece on my catch can hose and some day I may have same issue as you. As long as it still locks into place, try to replace the Oring. Good luck.

#9 ·
Thanks guys. Couldn't find any defects with the plastic clip (which I originally thought might be the issue) or the tubing. My guess is the clamp was trash and it was leaking from there, as mentioned previously by brokedownbutgood.

Researched ear clamps, and the viton o rings. Got a kit of each, clamped the connections down really well and put new o ring on. Plastic clip fits much more firmly into the motor, and the ear clamps I used seem like very solid connections.

Appreciate all the input, I think my issue is resolved with those two replacements, but will know for sure over next few days of driving.

Cheers!

#10 ·
Question is, where did you find the new ear clamps?? Is the kit you're referring to come with the piece for the hose with O ring groove and the male receiver piece that mounts in the manifold? Would like to have this info for down the road. I would have thought that a good Oring would be all that is needed?? Thanks for the update!

#11 ·
I reused the plastic clip piece itself because it wasn't actually damaged like I originally assumed.

I bought this ear clamp set which comes with the tool:

VIGRUE 100Pcs 6-28.6mm Single Ear Hose Clamps 10 Sizes with Ear Clamp Pincer 304 Stainless Steel Stepless Hose Clamps for Securing Pipe Hoses and Automotive Use Amazon.com

I also bought this viton o ring set, which I used to replace the o ring on the plastic clip insert piece:

Performance Tool W5239 Polymer Viton O-Ring Assortment, Brown, 180 Pieces, 9mm-20mm Amazon.com

All connections seem rock solid now, and the o ring makes the plastic clip feel nice and snug when inserted now.

Hope this helps if anyone has similar issues...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.