RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a CEL light a couple weeks ago for P2459, and took it to the local stealership. They informed me that in addition to that code, there were 4 other "stored codes", all related to the AEM and covered under the warranty.

They told me to contact FCA and ask them to extend the warranty since I am under 2,000 miles left on it.

I emailed FCA and haven't received a reply.

Has anyone else tried this? Any successes/failures in dealing with them?

Inquiring minds want to know.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
What did the dealership advise when THEY contacted FCA? Oh, that's right, you have to do their work for them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did the dealership advise when THEY contacted FCA? Oh, that's right, you have to do their work for them.
exactly.

I thought it was odd for them to tell me to contact FCA, but I let it go, since they didn't seem to know much about ED's in general...

·
Administrator
9,675 Posts
When dealing with FCA customer care, it's typically the owner that will have the best results. Not really too much a dealer can do on your behalf when it comes to courtesy warranty extension.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the email address that I found online to use for them: [email protected]

The body of my email:

Good afternoon,

I own a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 with an EcoDiesel (VIN 1C6RR7GM6ES312485), that has had the AEM work done.

Recently, I had a check engine light come on for OBD code P2459. I stopped the truck and had it towed to Jim Click Dodge, in Tucson. They informed me that there were 4 stored codes in addition to the P2459 that caused the check engine light, all of which are covered under the AEM/extended warranty program. My truck currently has 117, 975 miles, and the dealership informed me that my extended warranty would run out in 2,000 miles at 120,000.

Their service advisor instructed me to contact you to extend or renew the existing warranty due to the 4 stored codes and the P2459 code that are all associated with the current warranty. Please let me know what would be required from me to make this happen. I love the truck and want to make sure that it lasts as long as I possibly can.

Thank you in advance for your help, I hope we can make this happen.

Mark E. Johnson

Not sure if I will ever get a response, which makes me a little worried. My warranty runs out in under 1,500 miles now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spent HOURS on multiple calls with FCA and they refused to do anything for me.

They did however, try to sell me an extended warranty through Dodge. Buckle in, kids...

The first option "PLATINUM PLAN" was just a tad over $11,000....yes, 11 GRAND...but "Mr Johnson, we offer a convenient monthly payment plan for the duration of the warranty" which was almost double my truck payment itself.

I didn't even try to control my laughter.

The next plan down from that was over $8,000, had less coverage, but hey! They have a monthly plan for that too for just under $500/month.

He was used to my laughter at this point...

So no resolution to this point, but I am not going to give up just yet.

·
Super Moderator
3,730 Posts
Eck the dreaded AEM EPA detune. 1. Find a dealership that sells lots of diesel Rams and has diesel certified mechanics on staff. That dealership may lead you to headaches & heartburn.

2. Newb 4th gen dos & don'ts maintenance

·
Registered
849 Posts
This is the email address that I found online to use for them: [email protected]

The body of my email:

Good afternoon,

I own a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 with an EcoDiesel (VIN 1C6RR7GM6ES312485), that has had the AEM work done.

Recently, I had a check engine light come on for OBD code P2459. I stopped the truck and had it towed to Jim Click Dodge, in Tucson. They informed me that there were 4 stored codes in addition to the P2459 that caused the check engine light, all of which are covered under the AEM/extended warranty program. My truck currently has 117, 975 miles, and the dealership informed me that my extended warranty would run out in 2,000 miles at 120,000.

Their service advisor instructed me to contact you to extend or renew the existing warranty due to the 4 stored codes and the P2459 code that are all associated with the current warranty. Please let me know what would be required from me to make this happen. I love the truck and want to make sure that it lasts as long as I possibly can.

Thank you in advance for your help, I hope we can make this happen.

Mark E. Johnson

Not sure if I will ever get a response, which makes me a little worried. My warranty runs out in under 1,500 miles now.
I am not the smartest man in the world; however, my little pea brain tells me you should take your truck to a reputable dealer within the next 1500 miles for the necessary repairs. If you drive the truck past warranty, that's on you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So to add to the plot, I hit 119,000 miles last night, driving to my place in Pinetop. Go out and start the truck this morning, and have another CEL pop up.

(After the last one I now keep a code reader in the glove box.)

Low and behold, I now have a P2455 code with the CEL. I call the stealership in Show Low and the service advisor has no idea what I am telling about but can get me in next week.

That’s a no-go. I am 300+miles from work and have to be in Monday morning. Call Jim Click in Tucson (they had it for the last code) and advisor says it’s ok to drive on it and to bring it in.

They are about 250 miles from where I am at right now, but I am going to have the gf drop it off on Monday with them.

I am even more pissed about the extended warranty issue now. This is 2 CEL’s in less than 2 months.

This doesn’t work for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,730 Posts
As long as you keep the AEM.. get used to it. EPA made FCA pay someone $3k to bring that truck in for the AEM tune. Many invested $1k of it into an aftermarket ECM & TCM tune to have a better truck than the original tune. Some pocketed it and traded the problem off to the next owner.

Reactions: Dieselfever

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As long as you keep the AEM.. get used to it. EPA made FCA pay someone $3k to bring that truck in for the AEM tune. Many invested $1k of it into an aftermarket ECM & TCM tune to have a better truck than the original tune. Some pocketed it and traded the problem off to the next owner.
I missed getting $$$ by under a month (bought her on 5/29).

You might be right on the previous owner cashing out and trading her in.

I am purchasing a GDE tuned ECM from another board member with my fingers crossed that it cures the CEL issues and the DEF/REGEN crap that keeps triggering the CEL's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Latest update after my second CEL in 6 weeks...Dodge pretty much told me to pound sand, and Ram Cares said they can't help...

I will update again after I get her back from the stealership...but I am not very optimistic about FCA extending my warranty.

I wonder if any of the lawyers for the class action suits can help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts