RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given how early they launched the redesigned 19s I wonder when the 2020s will be launched. I am planning on a replacement truck for my 2014 ecodiesel. Its extended warranty runs out mid June 2019 and would prefer to have a replacement in hand before then. I have pretty much settled my mind onthe Pentastar engine but do need to find one to drive. I will do a special order since I never have any luck finding what I want on a local lot. I hate to start out with an end of year 2019 special order where I will not be likely to get a great price like a closeout on a stock 2019.

If you have any info on the 2020s please post it in this thread.

·
Registered
13,223 Posts
Just posted a timetable on the 2019 Ram 2500 production in that 2500 section. They are not doing much with them until June of 2019 just for the 2019's.

Now that is NOT 1500 production and sales. This past year was probably a little different for the release of the new model (2019) as they were changing the production plant and wanted to get the new model up and running at that plant early enough to make the transition. Then they close down the old plant for Ram 1500 production and switched it to something else like Jeeps. My guess is that during the year 2019 the release and sale of 2020 models will be more "normal" in the traditional production introduction and availability. That same guess puts availability after your desire to have one in June. Guessing September at the earliest.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup we'll see how it all develops. I am sure the warranty folks wil contact me and want to sell me an extension. I also can push the driving of the truck to near zero in the summer driving the minivan, motorcycle and antique cars. My 1948 plymouth has 11,000 original miles and makes a good daily driver for fun as long as you do not need air conditioning. My current plan is to wait for a 2020 to order, but we will see how the timing works out.

If anyone reads anything or has definitive info over the next months I'd appreciate it if you post it up on this thread.

All the best and MErry Christmas to all

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yup we'll see how it all develops. I am sure the warranty folks wil contact me and want to sell me an extension. I also can push the driving of the truck to near zero in the summer driving the minivan, motorcycle and antique cars. My 1948 plymouth has 11,000 original miles and makes a good daily driver for fun as long as you do not need air conditioning. My current plan is to wait for a 2020 to order, but we will see how the timing works out.

If anyone reads anything or has definitive info over the next months I'd appreciate it if you post it up on this thread.

All the best and MErry Christmas to all
Wait a sec, you need AC in northern Wisconsin in summer? Haha , btw, a good friend has a low miles 1947 Dodge coupe, those cars were awesome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts