RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, wondering if anyone has run that size with or without level kit? The diameter is an inch larger than stock, I don't know if they will rub.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

Omarf4-that looks great, now I have no doubts this is the size I'm going with.

Can anyone report on how many MPG's they lost with the larger heavier tire?

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

Omarf4-that looks great, now I have no doubts this is the size I'm going with.

Can anyone report on how many MPG's they lost with the larger heavier tire?
2 mpg hit....but worth it...it's an HD tire...I tow a lot and 99% pavement...1% gravel roads....peace of mind and much stronger sidewall.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm running the 275/65R20 BFG KO2 with no rubbing on my Big Horn. I have just the 2" lift in the front, not sure if it would rub without them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm curious if you can run this size with the stock air suspension and no lift? I heard that you can somehow lock the trucks with air suspension into "Off Road 2?" True statement? Anyone know if there is a write up somewhere on this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am currently riding on the stock 20 inch wheels with 275 65 20 Nitto Terra Grappler. I have the air suspension and did swap the links front to back for a 2 inch lift. I have no rubbing issues. I did put the links back to stock just to confirm that I could still Drive at stock height without rubbing and again, no issues. 20160304_175950.jpg 20160304_175928.jpg

Reactions: zeus95

·
Registered
576 Posts
I run Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 2 in a 275/65/20 with the stock air suspension. I get a slight rub at full lock of the wheel. For me this only happens when going low speeds while turning around. Any other times, even when loaded or in aero mode it never rubs.

Reactions: zeus95 and Atm925

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am currently riding on the stock 20 inch wheels with 275 65 20 Nitto Terra Grappler. I have the air suspension and did swap the links front to back for a 2 inch lift. I have no rubbing issues. I did put the links back to stock just to confirm that I could still Drive at stock height without rubbing and again, no issues. View attachment 13462 View attachment 13463
Atm, that looks clean! Did you plastidip your wheels?

Also, can you explain more about this "swapping the links?"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Atm, that looks clean! Did you plastidip your wheels?

Thank you. Yes, I plasti dipped them last week. I had to touch up after getting the tires. I need to get black lug nuts too as those will not hold up long term if tires are being rotated, etc.

Also, can you explain more about this "swapping the links?"
Someone else asked the same question in my thread. See link below... there is another link in that thread and plentry of good info on the forum. Hope it helps!

http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-wheels-tires/10538-34-inch-tires-stock-truck-air-suspension.html

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Someone else asked the same question in my thread. See link below... there is another link in that thread and plentry of good info on the forum. Hope it helps!

http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-wheels-tires/10538-34-inch-tires-stock-truck-air-suspension.html

Forgot to ask: what's the offset on your OEM wheels? I'm leaning towards getting the adjustable air ride links and either running a 275/65R20 (like you), or a 35x12.50R20. I would probably need to rock a wheel with negative offset, correct?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Forgot to ask: what's the offset on your OEM wheels? I'm leaning towards getting the adjustable air ride links and either running a 275/65R20 (like you), or a 35x12.50R20. I would probably need to rock a wheel with negative offset, correct?
I am not sure about the offset of the stock wheels but typically stock wheels are somewhere between a 0 to +5 offset I believe. I believe you would need new wheels or a spacer to make that happen. Maybe someone more experienced with wheels will chime in but I think the 35s might be too large with just the air ride links. I feel like you'd need the BDS 4 inch lift for 35s but maybe not. Best to find a good tire shop on a slow day and let them hook you up.

·
Registered
272 Posts
ATM925 are you getting any errors when you try to change from normal ride height to offroad2? I can lower or lift one time but it will give me an error if I try to go up 2 or back to normal ride height

·
Registered
39 Posts
ATM925 are you getting any errors when you try to change from normal ride height to offroad2? I can lower or lift one time but it will give me an error if I try to go up 2 or back to normal ride height
Yes, with the swapped links offroad 1 is now normal and you cannot go into offroad 2 because the new offroad 1 setting is as high as offroad 2 and maxes out the suspension.

·
Registered
18 Posts
IMG_0619[1].JPG

I'm running 275/65/20 Goodyear Duratracs on stock sport rims with a 2 inch level in the front

1 - 20 of 32 Posts