RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
You could take the exhaust off after the scr and put a turn down with very little sound change. If you want a sound change the scr needs to come off. The mbrp kit as well as all other dpf back exhausts well make almost no sound change unless the truck has deleted.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I think I'm simply going to delete the muffler on mine. Likely no sound difference but it'll remove a little unnecessary weight.

·
Registered
74 Posts
took off stock system and replaced with Banks. Big difference in weight, no difference in sound. Had the Banks system powder coated before install and the stock one coated also. Plan to keep this truck 'forever'

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the Banks on my JGC... wasn't impressed by the fitment. Took nearly a year to get it like I wanted it. It kept coming loose & moving.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a Banks Monster exhaust. Like the way it sounds and I thought it went on well. Had to trim one pipe because I have short bed but other than that it went on well.

Mark

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Always preferred Magnaflow on gassers and straight piped my 7.3x with MBRP turbo back which is a very nice growl on that animal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts