RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
still waiting for my truck... but I'll be towing my boat once it gets here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
or over !!! (hope to let you know next week)

Laramie cc, 6.4 bed, air suspension,
status shipped ( for 2 weeks)

have a trip over Easter weekend towing 28' bumper pull trailer 8500 lbs max gvw

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
just remember Ram says no towing for the first 500 miles.
Yep.

You have to work harden the rear-end gears.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good point Tony ! Let me know when you take delivery, I'll hop on the pike at exit 4 and take a ride over, Marsman.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Towing the 18 foot car trailer tomorrow with the 77 Ford F250 and the big red honda 250 three wheeler strapped on it. Going to the mudd flats. Be a 30 mile drive before we get in some steep hills with long grades. So far I've towed the Equipment trailer with the bobcat and grapplers been getting about 22-23 on over 300+ miles.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Towing the 18 foot car trailer tomorrow with the 77 Ford F250 and the big red honda 250 three wheeler strapped on it. Going to the mudd flats. Be a 30 mile drive before we get in some steep hills with long grades. So far I've towed the Equipment trailer with the bobcat and grapplers been getting about 22-23 on over 300+ miles.
That should be a good workout for it. make sure to post up once you get back.

Good point Tony ! Let me know when you take delivery, I'll hop on the pike at exit 4 and take a ride over, Marsman.

It's been killing me. My truck was built 2 weeks ago, and it's been sitting in FlatRock MI. I was in contact with Customer Service... and they were useless. THEN... the contact I have on the inside, said my truck was moved from Faltrock MI to Toledo OH. AND... he's showing an ETA of the 15th. He's never sure on the dates, until the truck is physically on a train car... but Shorky RAM is showing 50 truck as "In transit" right now... and they are all in Toledo. Also... there was a guy up in NY who's truck was shuttled down there. SO, I'm hopeful, that they are building a train to move these trucks coming east.

·
Registered
127 Posts
HOLY TOLEDO! Online customer service told me Friday that mine was finally enroute to NY and would be here shortly. Emailed CS and they are giving me a delivery date of 4/15 dealer is saying 4/17. Bring it on baby the weather is getting nice and all the aftermarket add-ons are in the way in the garage. Toledo is pretty close I should just go get it. I think they should of had a drive off programs for the ED like Harley does...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I plan on towing my RV trailer, 31 foot 9200lbs dry, locally from storage to dealership and then on to the campground for the summer.

I have access to my father's Cummins anytime I want as a backup.

(3.92 gears, air suspension)

·
Registered
236 Posts
On our way out of town I stopped at the local fees mill truck loaded with me my wife and 2 kids. Then in the bes 10 gallons of extra gas, a cooler with beer, pop, juice and sandwhiches. Then on the 18" foot trailer we had the 77 Ford flatbes mudder and the 85 Big Red 3 wheeler. Total weight for everything was 15,235lbs.. I went back across the scales with just use and the trailer after we unloaded everything except the trailer total was 8,440 lbs.

We drove a total of 93 miles loaded and another 8 miles empty on trip B showed us getting 21.2 mpg when I turned the truck off. Never had any problems even with the 3 big hills before we go to the mudd flats.

On trip A for tgis tank I've hauled the bob cat skid stir and grapplers a little over 250 miles plus the trip yesterday and it shows 22.1 mpg for 354 miles total.

Overall I'm extremely pleased :) probably won't be pulling a trailer much more till summer gets here. Unless we hire out some small jobs for the cat and grapplers.

·
Registered
575 Posts
On our way out of town I stopped at the local fees mill truck loaded with me my wife and 2 kids. Then in the bes 10 gallons of extra gas, a cooler with beer, pop, juice and sandwhiches. Then on the 18" foot trailer we had the 77 Ford flatbes mudder and the 85 Big Red 3 wheeler. Total weight for everything was 15,235lbs.. I went back across the scales with just use and the trailer after we unloaded everything except the trailer total was 8,440 lbs.

We drove a total of 93 miles loaded and another 8 miles empty on trip B showed us getting 21.2 mpg when I turned the truck off. Never had any problems even with the 3 big hills before we go to the mudd flats.

On trip A for tgis tank I've hauled the bob cat skid stir and grapplers a little over 250 miles plus the trip yesterday and it shows 22.1 mpg for 354 miles total.

Overall I'm extremely pleased :) probably won't be pulling a trailer much more till summer gets here. Unless we hire out some small jobs for the cat and grapplers.
You must have a 18' aluminum trailer.

I am impressed with the towing and MPG for this little engine. Personally, I think it is going to have a substantial impact on my business. I will be basically doubling my MPG in the new ED and in some cases when towing tripling it compared to my 97 Chevy big block 2500.

You got the 3.92? Are you still running the stock tires?

·
Registered
236 Posts
its funny everyone assumes I have the 3.92's but its actually the 3.55's. stock tires and 20 wheels for now. I was wanting 3.73's but they obviously don't offer them in these. But I must say this 8 speed auto has me sold. I love it, it really seems to do the trick to make for the 3.55's. Trailer tow works great. wish it had the exhaust brake like my 11 did. But I guess I cant gripe to much haha.

Im looking at going to a set of 285 65 r20 or 285 75 r18 jut depends on which wheels I end up going with. either way the aluminum after market wheels im looking at are rated 3500lbs per wheel and the tires im looking at are Load E and they are 3800lbs per. I want/need the AT mud tire for when im working on the ranch and also just the weight that the aftermarket set up can handle is more like what im looking for on this then the lighter stock wheels/tires are rated.

Oh and yes this trailer is aluminum our tilt car trailer is steel and good god for 2 foot shorter it feels twice as heavy.

·
Registered
236 Posts
How did it tow ,and handle the hills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It towed great never felt stressed or over loaded. we ran mostly 60 mph since speed limit was 55. On the hills it did get up to about 3800 rpms but didn't act stressed and wasn't loud either like the gasser get when they rev up. When I was towing the bob cat it felt like having a small lawn trailer on the back, like I said a few minutes ago I really wish it had the Exhaust break just cause it was so nice being able to slow down with out touching a brake. Im also going to miss it in the winter on ice and snow id always let it just slow me down when out and about I didn't have to break and slide any.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sweet , that's what I am hoping for . Coming from a 04 Cummings I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
HOLY TOLEDO! Online customer service told me Friday that mine was finally enroute to NY and would be here shortly. Emailed CS and they are giving me a delivery date of 4/15 dealer is saying 4/17. Bring it on baby the weather is getting nice and all the aftermarket add-ons are in the way in the garage. Toledo is pretty close I should just go get it. I think they should of had a drive off programs for the ED like Harley does...
Thats interesting.I've got info that my truck was in NY on Friday,en route to VT.I wonder if our trucks got aquainted?Like the bumper stickers read,"I Love NY"

1 - 20 of 71 Posts