RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the CFT intake pipe and CAC delete pipe installed on my 2015 ecodiesel. I installed these two pipes because of wanting more turbo sound. I then purchased an AFE intake after watching some videos of the turbo spool being louder. However, I have read that the filter itself sucks air very loudly since the cover is off. I am not sure if I constantly want to hear the intake sucking air. I know the AFE intake does not provide any advantage to the OEM intake besides turbo sound.

My question is...... Does anyone have the AEM air filter installed with the stock intake? If so, did you notice a sound difference at all between the OEM filter? Trying to decide whether to install the AFE or keep the CFT intake pipe installed and use the AEM filter for more sound. I know the AFE intake (with the lid off) draws hot air from the engine bay...Hence the sound being louder. Just want to make sure the AEMs filtration is as good as the OEM.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006OKXKA2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just trying to get some more turbo sound as I haven't had a truck in 10 years and missed the turbo spool up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You won't constantly hear the air sucking. At times you'll hear sound through a straw but it's rare...I don't even hear it anymore.

If you want to hear that turbo sing this intake will do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You won't constantly hear the air sucking. At times you'll hear sound through a straw but it's rare...I don't even hear it anymore.

If you want to hear that turbo sing this intake will do it.

Do you like it? Seems like half the people (on youtube) that have videos up said they went back to stock because of the sound or what not....
I've had the intake box for 3 weeks unopened at my house. Been on the fence.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm a turbo guy first, diesel second so I'm biased. I've debated getting the lid for it because at times it can be loud with the whistle..but I haven't done it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts