RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Yes I replaced my Nav Radio with a Panasonic Apple CarPlay radio, Plug and play extremely easy upgrade , And I’m extremely happy with it !!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
infotainment.com has factory units with apple car play. Does the Panasonic Apple CarPlay radio have all the system controls like the factory radio does?

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
The Panasonic radio is the factory CarPlay, Yes Everything works just like factory... I purchased everything from 4th gen electronics . The owners name is Ben he gave me 400.00 for my old nav radio and the radio was a couple hundred cheaper than infotainment which is a great company to deal
With also..

My truck had accessory switches and the seat controls functioned thru the radio, I had to buy a additional harness apparently cambus capable to get my seats to function again, I purchased the harness from infotainment and then had to do a hard cambus relearn..

Depending on your trucks equipment pricing should be 800-1000 depending if your radio is a nav radio and you wish to trade it in ....

You do have to swap the USB hub also, Again whole project is a very easy installation ...

·
Super Moderator
3,865 Posts
infotainment.com has factory units with apple car play. Does the Panasonic Apple CarPlay radio have all the system controls like the factory radio does?
Yes, the infromation for what vehicle control that appears in the 8.4 radio come from the BCM. The only part # difference is whether the radio has built in Navigation (UAQ) or doesn't (UAS).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts