RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
The funny thing with these rams is some of the t cases lock up right away without even a tire spin, it's rare as hell but there are a few. For the most of us the tires spin a few revolutions before it locks up and by the time it's locked were usually spun out and stuck, dodge screwed these things up. I never noticex issues with mine till I had trailers on the back trying to bash through snow drifts or when I was cutting trail in deep snow, the more extreme stuff. I'd always get the overheat warning and be a sitting duck locked out of 4x4 in the middle of nowhere waiting for it to cool so I could make it another 10 feet and have to wait again. I take my truck places most people wouldn't and this is how I came to find out about the t cases and then design a switch that locks them 100% positively. Honestly with daily driving and Alittle poo on the road you'd never even know you had the issue.
According to the factory service manual, the average clutch clearance is supposed to be between 0.039” and 0.059”. I would assume that clearance would dictate how quick and/or hard the clutch engages.

I only have only driven my truck so I can’t make a comparison, but based on your comment, I’d say mine is one of the “tighter” ones. It picks up really quick and sometimes get a little bit of binding when making a sharp turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
According to the factory service manual, the average clutch clearance is supposed to be between 0.039” and 0.059”. I would assume that clearance would dictate how quick and/or hard the clutch engages.

I only have only driven my truck so I can’t make a comparison, but based on your comment, I’d say mine is one of the “tighter” ones. It picks up really quick and sometimes get a little bit of binding when making a sharp turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah you definately have one of the tight ones.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I can't speak to the snow, but my better half says it (Auto 4x4) makes the truck much easier to drive when it's wet out. She just needs to remember to put it back in 2wd when it's dry.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts