RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I'm on a major Cummins forum and still never heard of an upfitter code for auxiliary switches. Occasionally someone wants to ugrade the fuse ratings to handle more amps.

Kind of curious as to just what it does.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm on a major Cummins forum and still never heard of an upfitter code for auxiliary switches. Occasionally someone wants to ugrade the fuse ratings to handle more amps.

Kind of curious as to just what it does.
If you want to re-program how the switches function, you need to get into the commercial settings. In order to do that you need a code. By default, it is supposed to be 0000, but someone must have changed it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This Aux switch / upfitter thing has been an exercise in futility.

I bought an upfitter harness kit Thinking it would be pretty much plug and play. Connect the wires to the plug under the hood, then connect the supplied harness plug into the empty plug under the dash. This is supposed to let me connect to the stubbed out wired at the back of the truck allowing me to have aux switchable power at the rear of the truck.

All of it seems like a good plan. But. After 3-4 hours of searching, I finally found the plug I was to use under the dash. Way under the dash. My fat hands cannot even touch it. I would have to take the entire dash and instrument cluster out to reach the plug.

Why would Ram locate a plug that is intended for aftermarket power connections where it is unreachable? Good God!

Sorry for the Rant.

The good news is that I can wire directly into the connector under the hood and still use the aux switched. I'll just have to run my own wires under the truck to the rear.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This Aux switch / upfitter thing has been an exercise in futility.

I bought an upfitter harness kit Thinking it would be pretty much plug and play. Connect the wires to the plug under the hood, then connect the supplied harness plug into the empty plug under the dash. This is supposed to let me connect to the stubbed out wired at the back of the truck allowing me to have aux switchable power at the rear of the truck.

All of it seems like a good plan. But. After 3-4 hours of searching, I finally found the plug I was to use under the dash. Way under the dash. My fat hands cannot even touch it. I would have to take the entire dash and instrument cluster out to reach the plug.

Why would Ram locate a plug that is intended for aftermarket power connections where it is unreachable? Good God!

Sorry for the Rant.

The good news is that I can wire directly into the connector under the hood and still use the aux switched. I'll just have to run my own wires under the truck to the rear.
Don't know if his helps with the 2018, but HD Rams forum has a good size section that discusses the auxiliary switch installation etc. I've picked up quite a bit of info on adding OEM after market items to my 2019 CTD. Adding trailer tpms to the truck, already wired just gathering up the OEM parts, AlphaOB, etc.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know if his helps with the 2018, but HD Rams forum has a good size section that discusses the auxiliary switch installation etc. I've picked up quite a bit of info on adding OEM after market items to my 2019 CTD. Adding trailer tpms to the truck, already wired just gathering up the OEM parts, AlphaOB, etc.
Thanks, I'll check that out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts