RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order mine next week, has anyone looked at all the builds to see what the average time has been from order placement to delivery?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I ordered mine on the 04-25-14 and it was built on 05-14-14. I had a VON when I left the dealership with the build sheet saying it was sold to me and got a VIN about a week or so later.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ordered May 1. Just got staus update that it is due to ship tonight. Delaer said about 10 days for shipping unitl delivery is 'average'.

When I ordered I was told up front 6 weeks minimum to 8 weeks, provided there were no issues to deal with.

So i am looking a an ealy to mid-June delivery, which is right in line with what I was told when I ordered - 6-8 weeks. A couple of people on here have had slightly quicker deliveries. A couple have had deliveries take longer. But 6-8 weeks seems to be a good estimate.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Order to delivery was about a month for me. Actual build time was about 2 days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ordered mine March 31st, hit shipping status May 16th, still waiting for my truck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ordered 4-14 built 5-5 to 5-7 entered the shipping process on 5-8 still in shipping process as of today 5-28 and they tell me approx. delivery 6-9
It seems everyone's gets delayed except for a small few!
If delivery actually happens on -6-9 it will be a total of 7 weeks ,not holding my breath!,,

Shipping is from michigan to New York .
DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR AND ORDER ONE OFF THE LOT ,LONG ISLAND NY HAS PLENTY OF THEM!!!!,!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered on 4/26/14. Was scheduled and built on 5/15/14. Scheduled for delivery on 06/02/14, but arrived at dealer today 05/28/14. Four weeks and two days from order to delivery.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ordered mine on 4/21 told by Chrysler it would ship on 5/9 arriving at the New York Depot on 5/16 for delivery on 5/21 instead it went into JB status and finally got out to shipping status today due at the Dealer on 6/9 - I hope

·
Registered
369 Posts
ordered mine 4/18....build date was 5/8...was told delivery date would be 5/27.........it's sitting in a yard in Detroit waiting to be delivered. who knows when?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ordered 5/10....being painted today. Supposed to ship tomorrow or next day.
Regular cab built in Mexico.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hopefully you wont be stuck in inspection status like many of us are in Warren. (2-4 weeks)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I read somewhere that the Mexican plant is more automated.... maybe produce trucks with less human error?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ordered 4-14 built 5-5 to 5-7 entered the shipping process on 5-8 still in shipping process as of today 5-28 and they tell me approx. delivery 6-9
It seems everyone's gets delayed except for a small few!
If delivery actually happens on -6-9 it will be a total of 7 weeks ,not holding my breath!,,

Shipping is from michigan to New York .
DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR AND ORDER ONE OFF THE LOT ,LONG ISLAND NY HAS PLENTY OF THEM!!!!,!
Spot on. I ordered 4/15. still waiting. It was build on 5/9. it's somewhere on a train. My 5th ETA is now 6/9.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I read somewhere that the Mexican plant is more automated.... maybe produce trucks with less human error?

Yes but the plant shuts down everyday for three hours mid afternoon, and for one week after payday. LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
I order mine on 4-3-14 . It was built on 4-25-14 . I picked it up in Toledo Ohio 5-2-14

1 - 17 of 17 Posts