RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Interesting video. I did notice his oil temp read around 250 degrees all the time during his tow. He said temps were in the low 40's and he was on flatish ground, wonder what it does under load?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yea, the oil temp seems to run pretty steady around 250F even when the water coolant runs lower on the downhill stretches. Maybe a result of the vectored oil pump adjusting for better fuel econ.

It's nice to see the numbers and even hear his experience but yowza the yap cup does runneth over.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Liked that video. Oil temperatures seemed the same as my Ecodiesel while towing flat. Fuel mileage decent for running 70 mph. I liked the engine and truck results. Did not like all that screen technology and display. Too distracting to me and quite expensive.

The guy talks a lot because he is smart and knows things to share with the viewers. Sure it was twice as long as the video should be. Long videos like this loses affect like a long-winded preacher at church on Sunday. Fortunately for me I was distracted with multiple text contacts and chores. That plus some skipping forward, made it bearable.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Yea, the oil temp seems to run pretty steady around 250F even when the water coolant runs lower on the downhill stretches. Maybe a result of the vectored oil pump adjusting for better fuel econ.

It's nice to see the numbers and even hear his experience but yowza the yap cup does runneth over.
For all his stats he uses the odometer to measure distance. They are never 100% accurate. A google map check would reveal the truth.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The guy talks a lot because he is smart and knows things to share with the viewers. Sure it was twice as long as the video should be. Long videos like this loses affect like a long-winded preacher at church on Sunday. Fortunately for me I was distracted with multiple text contacts and chores. That plus some skipping forward, made it bearable.
Sheesh! I thought it was just me. I find this to be true with most videos and I don't like it. And then I think about my own videos and how I just can't get myself to cut them any shorter. :(

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Sheesh! I thought it was just me. I find this to be true with most videos and I don't like it. And then I think about my own videos and how I just can't get myself to cut them any shorter. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts