RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the 1500 ECO Diesel, made it half a mile from the dealer and noticed two problems with the truck. First thing we spotted was the sun roof doesn't work. There is a piece of corrugated rubber on each side of the sun roof, one side of this rubber piece is attached to the frame on the window slides the other side of this rubber piece is just flopping around not attached to anything. The rubber piece stops the sun roof cover from being opened or closed. The other little problem I found is three out of the four entry assist handles have leather (very cool looking) wrapped around them but one is missing the leather wrap.
Funny how I missed those two items when looking at the truck. Guess I was too focused on MPG and towing to spot everything. Oh well, truck has to go back to the dealer anyway to have the running installed, will just make a list of anything other little item found and have it all taken care of at one time. I should add that the salesman said the sunroof problem has come up a few times before on the ECO diesel.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Maybe that's your rattling issue spang?

·
Registered
255 Posts
That very well may be my issue... My sunroof functions its just the damn thing rattles. The sound is definetly coming from the sunroof. When I apply pressure on the glass, the rattling stops.Once I am done work today I'll check this corrugated rubber issue. I can't believe they forgot to wrap one of your handles. What a bunch of shoe makers!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
YOu guys are too picky! I swear!

Back when I was a kid, I had to slog through hip deep snow for MILES one way (ok, it was a one mile return trip, but my legs were shorter!) to attend school! And at that, we had one teacher per 100 students...

Cars came with options on a list - you chose what you wanted:

1 - steering wheel
2 - roof
3 - 4th wheel
4 - floor in rear seat
5 - windshield

So, here you are belly aching about a sunroof that doesn't work. My, my, my...how we've progressed. :D

I may have entirely made this up...save for the distance to school being 1/2 mile... ;)

Lesson for everyone - check every detail during delivery.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have use my sunroof in all of the different configurations with no issues. Yours should have been checked during the pre delivery inspection. Its no fun taking a new truck back to the dealership when you havent even been able to enjoy it yet. Ive been to the dealership twice so far and its irritating.

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
None of these problems are problems with the Ecodiesel They are Ram 1500 issues OTHER than with the engine.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Well said capt!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
None of these problems are problems with the Ecodiesel They are Ram 1500 issues OTHER than with the engine.
That what I thought too but my dealers said they have only had the sun roof problem with the ECO Diesel. Of course we all know dealers would never lie to us.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's not about being picky. Normally you get what you pay for. I didn't buy a $15,000 car! This *hit shouldn't be happening! My 2006 dodge charger was a Fisher Price interior. Everything rattled.

You would think after 5 years of this body design they would work out the basic kinks. Clearly they have some shoe maker engineers designing the sunroof.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The sun roof should be an easy fit, looks as if the rubber piece just needs to be put into its track. The dealer is ordering another entry assist handle, so I will then have four leather coated handles instead of three. Will have this work done when the handle comes in from the factory. Dealer is also installing running board, part of the deal, doing inside and outside coating. Also going to have them check the alignment while it's in the shop and put Nitrogen in the tires as I saw they had a machine there for changing out the air in tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts