RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a lot of backup camera discussion but not on this particular issue. My backup camera just displays a black screen that says “check entire surroundings”
I went into the “engineering controls” and did the reset to factory default. Immediately after that the backup camera worked fine…..ONE TIME. After shutting down and restarting it went back to the black screen. I tried to factory default reset again and this time it did not work. Anyone have any suggestions? Current software version is 18.11.07
Just got this truck (2015 Laramie ED) so idk if that’s the newest software or if it has missed an update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You may want to remove the tailgate cover plate on the inside of the tailgate when its flipped open.
There is a camera cable connection inside the tailgate cover that you can check and clean.
My camera has done this on occasion too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may want to remove the tailgate cover plate on the inside of the tailgate when its flipped open.
There is a camera cable connection inside the tailgate cover that you can check and clean.
My camera has done this on occasion too.
Have done this also. Between my first post and now it sat overnight while I was working. Left work just now and the camera was functional again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,083 Posts
Aside from the above mentioned connection inside the tailgate, check the connection at the bottom of the bed also.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Aside from the above mentioned connection inside the tailgate, check the connection at the bottom of the bed also.
Hi: Crash68... If my tailgate connection gets to wet I get a black n white scrambled pic on the screen. If I get out and open & slam the gate it corrects itself.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,083 Posts
Hi: Crash68... If my tailgate connection gets to wet I get a black n white scrambled pic on the screen. If I get out and open & slam the gate it corrects itself.
You might want to pull the connections apart and apply some dielectric grease to keep the water out of them.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You might want to pull the connections apart and apply some dielectric grease to keep the water out of them.
Hi: Crash68... Works like a charm. It doesn't take much these days to get my "Back up"!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts