RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was heading to the dealer for my last of 10, $46 oil changes and a Service Electronic Throttle popped on. I had disconnected my Edge as I always do when bringing it to the dealer so I couldn't tell what the code was. They had to order the sensor and it should be there tomorrow. the issue is that I have a 40 minute drive there tomorrow and I'm at 82% DPF. With the EGT1 stuck at 1498° apparently the truck won't go into regen and I was afraid of what might happen if I forced one and it actually started with that EGT1 reading. So I have to hope that the truck makes it to the dealer tomorrow.

\By the way the Service Electronic Throttle put the truck into a limp mode where it accelerates kinda slowly but I can achieve and maintain 60mph with ease, I just have virtually no throttle response over about 40mph.

They also offered me VA7 which I declined for a couple of months until I see more reports on it. I asked them about VB1 and the SA looked in a couple of places and said that there was no new word on it. The Parts manager did confirm that because of the virus, there were no new parts being supplied so that they only have access to what's already in the system.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,351 Posts
With the EGT1 stuck at 1498°, I doubt the truck would even try to go into regen. That temp is probably above the acceptable temperature range for operation and/or regen.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the EGT1 stuck at 1498°, I doubt the truck would even try to go into regen. That temp is probably above the acceptable temperature range for operation and/or regen.
Yes, it will not go into auto regen and that is probably why the computer is derating the engine over 40mph

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The truck would not need to go into regen if egt 1 was over 1400 F it would be doing passive regen At those temps. By chance did they unplug the sensor?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The truck would not need to go into regen if egt 1 was over 1400 F it would be doing passive regen At those temps. By chance did they unplug the sensor?
No idea

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Made it to the dealer. The 90% DPF full warning came on at about 5 miles into the trip but my Edge, which was reporting 88% never increased after that...over 30 miles, so I'm just guessing that the EGR gets turned off at that point.

Now, just waiting for them to replace the sensor.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tech just told me that anytime it throws a CEL it turns off the EGR and it won't Regen. Wonder how true that is because I could suffer through a minor CEL if it meant my EGR was off

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took about a half hour on the lift as sensor is on the back of the engine on the exhaust manifold. Work charged to emissions warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts