RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally ready to pull the trigger to get my 2015 1500 ED on order today - but...

However, when I called the dealership to clarify everything, and to make sure I didn't overlook anything, I found the specific warranty that I requested was not included in the total price.

In my conversations (over email), I asked for the 7 year (4 years beyond the original warranty)/100k mile Chrysler extended warranty. But today, just to be sure everything was good to go, I was told that the price wasn't the Mopar extended warranty, but a CNA National extended warranty. According to the finance guy, he indicated that it was actually better coverage, less money, and took care of things that were not necessarily broken, but not working right - something that the Mopar warranty would not. A specific example was if a window wasn't going up like it should (i.e. speed) because it was going up, it wouldn't be covered - but the CNA would cover it (with the $100 fee). He said they never had a problem with it and they have been using it for years. If I wanted to get the Mopar extended warranty, he would price it out for me, but it generally would be $300+ more.

I understand, and generally support the idea, that going with the mfg warranty is a better idea. But I am on the fence a bit between the mfg and the CNA.

I live in the north, winter is coming, and I only have 1 vehicle. Does the Mopar Maximum Care include a loaner vehicle?
Is there any downside in coverage to go with the Mopar over the CNA?

I'm really kind of disappointed in the dealership to do this despite my explicit indication. If they want to try and switch to a less expensive warranty - tell me first, don't just give me something else. I'm half tempted to take the quote to a closer dealership and confirm they can match or beat that total price.

But then again, this was the only dealerships I've talked with that would be willing to give me a total price (including warranty, fees, a complete build sheet, etc). All in all the games that dealerships in general seem to play is enough to turn customers off. I remember when Saturn (showing my age here) did the no haggle pricing - it was what it was - makes it easier from a consumer standpoint.

Anyone have any tips or even a really good/honest dealership in Michigan?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
We paid a couple thousand for our extended warranty. It has now expired also since our vehicle is high mileage. We used it 4 times: idler pully $100 deductible on a $165 repair. Speaker: $100 deductible on a $149 repair. Cruise control buttons: $100 deductible on a $180 repair. Then the idler pulley again.

So the extended warranty was not eeeeeeeeeeeven worth it money-wise. But for peace of mind, it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
506 Posts
WM - one of the most important questions is where can your warranty work be done? If you're 1,000 miles from home, is there an authorized "CNA" repair facility nearby, or do you have to return to the selling dealer? You can purchase the factory warranty directly from Ram on-line and tell the dealer to cancel the CNA.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes, MaxCare does provide rental coverage for covered repairs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help guys.

With the bad taste left in my mouth from the previous dealership, I ended up going to a dealership that was just down the road and they quickly matched the pricing ($500 under the Tread Lightly discount) and got the Chrysler 7yr/100k mile extended warranty. Hope I don't need to use it, but just in case, I'll feel better about it.

Now, like many others have said, the wait begins for my 2015...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Thanks for your help guys.

With the bad taste left in my mouth from the previous dealership, I ended up going to a dealership that was just down the road and they quickly matched the pricing ($500 under the Tread Lightly discount) and got the Chrysler 7yr/100k mile extended warranty. Hope I don't need to use it, but just in case, I'll feel better about it.

Now, like many others have said, the wait begins for my 2015...
I wish I would have seen this sooner... I would have recommended a dealership to go to. Out of curiosity what dealer was the one giving you a hard time if you don't mind saying?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have used the cna one before. It is good at all dodge dealers however they usually take longer bc cna has to send it someone to verify the problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts