1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I saw in JP magazine that I believe they have a kit available.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I saw in JP magazine that I believe they have a kit available.
Every single performance product that Banks offers I will probably buy. And anything they don't I'll buy whatever someone else does but I like Banks. I knew it wouldn't be long, but the "600 HP" that banks claims might make it even harder to wait for this damn truck!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Every single performance product that Banks offers I will probably buy. And anything they don't I'll buy whatever someone else does but I like Banks. I knew it wouldn't be long, but the "600 HP" that banks claims might make it even harder to wait for this damn truck!!!
I was curious if the engine banks tuned to 600 hp is the same exact engine we are getting or was it premodified.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was curious if the engine banks tuned to 600 hp is the same exact engine we are getting or was it premodified.
Obviously modified. BUT, chances are they needed to change very little structurally, and only needed to change fuel delivery, boost timing/wastegate pressure, and maybe some intake/intercooler/exhaust work.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I wonder how much these trans can really hold? They are rated for 516 pound-feet (700 N*M) of torque. I don't think it will take too much tuning to hit that number as the 3.0 puts out 420 as is.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wonder how much these trans can really hold? They are rated for 516 pound-feet (700 N*M) of torque. I don't think it will take too much tuning to hit that number as the 3.0 puts out 420 as is.
I wouldn't add more then 40hp that will add roughly 80ft torque

·
Registered
279 Posts
Banks is using this motor as a platform for testing, including for military vehicle. They have reported varying power / torque increases.. The gains are not as much as I would have expected, and may or may not be worth the hassle / cost.

Inside The Banks VM Motori 3.0L 630T V6 Diesel Engine - Diesel Power Magazine

The fact that banks has used this motor as a platform, indicates that Gale Banks believes the motor is durable enough for cross functional applications.

* * This is essentially a vote of confidence for us, who are looking to buy the motor

And keep in mind, Maserati put this motor into the Ghibli, with 2 blowers and a hmm, 8 speed automatic..
.Maserati | Models | Ghibli Diesel | Intro

So there must be a strong level of confidence in this powerplant.... and it's been running around in Europe for 3+ years in the Chrysler 300, and the Jeeps.

Whether any of us make the decision to use Banks or other parts, not taking sides for or against, not getting into that... .the important point is that a company with a strong reputation like Banks is investing time and money in development, on products for this engine... that's a great sign.

Marsman

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I am still hoping that Green Diesel Engineering will come out with a tune. His CRD tunes work really well.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Banks makes good stuff. His products tend to be conservative (well engineered), but not cheap.

The motor looks stout from looking at his page.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts