RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to start seeing more action on this section of the board! :cool: I've seen a whole pile of Eco D's running around Barrie and surrounding area since this spring, time to rally up the troops and do a little GTG. Please feel free to spread the word, members & non-members welcome, NO SPARK PLUGS ALLOWED:p

Where: Cabelas Parking Lot @ Park Place, 50 Concert Way, Barrie, ON L4N 6N5

When: Saturday September 10th, 10:00am

Directions

Its a fairly large parking lot with lots of space for us. I'm sure if we profiled many Eco D drivers, a bunch would end up taking a stroll into the store afterwards anyways...;) There's also a few good places to grab a bite to eat afterwards if you're so inclined.

We had a fantastic meet back in the spring down at Bass Pro, lets make this one even better. No excuses not to come, weather is still typically nice, summer traffic on the 400 is diminished after Labour Day, and with the great mileage these trucks get, why not go for a drive and meet some fellow Eco D owners, check out mods, share experiences etc. Hope to see you all there. :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Time to start seeing more action on this section of the board! :cool: I've seen a whole pile of Eco D's running around Barrie and surrounding area since this spring, time to rally up the troops and do a little GTG. Please feel free to spread the word, members & non-members welcome, NO SPARK PLUGS ALLOWED:p

Where: Cabelas Parking Lot @ Park Place, 50 Concert Way, Barrie, ON L4N 6N5

When: 10:00am

Directions

Its a fairly large parking lot with lots of space for us. I'm sure if we profiled many Eco D drivers, a bunch would end up taking a stroll into the store afterwards anyways...;) There's also a few good places to grab a bite to eat afterwards if you're so inclined.

We had a fantastic meet back in the spring down at Bass Pro, lets make this one even better. No excuses not to come, weather is still typically nice, summer traffic on the 400 is diminished after Labour Day, and with the great mileage these trucks get, why not go for a drive and meet some fellow Eco D owners, check out mods, share experiences etc. Hope to see you all there. :)
You forgot the date! :D

·
Registered
511 Posts
Funny I just thought of it, you guys beat me to it. Will Edit.
I'll try to make it out, no guarantees in life except death and taxes though!

I wanted to get out for the GDE Tune Day meet - live 2 minutes away from where it was held, but even then I couldn't make it!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try to make it out, no guarantees in life except death and taxes though!

I wanted to get out for the GDE Tune Day meet - live 2 minutes away from where it was held, but even then I couldn't make it!
This is true^. Hopefully you can make it. Last meet we had was pretty darn good, met a bunch of good guys, was also nice to put faces to our forum names.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There ya go, stop in for the meet and then keep going north 15 min up to Burls Creek for the flea market. Kill two birds with one stone, sort of. I haven't gone in a long time, last time I went half of the vendors were selling T shirts, purses and other crap not even related to automotive. There are some good deals and neat things to be found though.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Have to see. May be on Fall Colours ride...or Smoky Mountains ride. If not I'm in.

Reactions: CDNLaramie

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weather so far looks to be favourable. Can't believe how many Eco D's are running around this town.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm seeing a bunch as well

I will be missing the meet as I have to work, so that I can take (hopefully) 2 days off next week for Grouse Opener on thr 15th

·
Registered
417 Posts
What's the truck count for this meet looking like. Might try and make this if the stars align. That last meet at Bass Pro was awesome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
so, the meet in Barrie was a bust. Just 2 EDs were showing up. we were hoping for more, oh well.
Wondering if we could try something closer to Toronto. Maybe the weekend after Thanksgiving. Just a thought. Lets see if there is any interest and we could set something up, also suggestions for places tomeet and alternative dates are welcome.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would wager that most of the EcoD owners in Barrie don't know about this site

Regardless, I'd be down for another meet in the future

1 - 20 of 24 Posts