RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 2015 sat for about a week without being driven and started weak this morning. Against better judgement I turned it off while sitting in the drop off line at my son's school and bam it left me sitting. A gentleman with the school was kind enough to give me a jump and I was off to Walmart.

For future reference, Walmart carries the correct size AGM battery for our trucks. I was originally not going to replace it with an AGM, but it was the only one of the correct size they had. $186 after core, and the battery swap is about the easiest I have ever done. Battery has a 4 year free replacement warranty.

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Replacing it with an AGM was the right thing to do. The charging system is set up for an AGM. Even the best non AGM batteries don’t last because they don’t get properly recharged. Lol don’t ask me how I learned this.

On top of that these trucks have so many electrical draws plus when batteries get weak it leads to other hard to find little wtf problems. IMO investing in a good battery is money well invested in any newer Ram truck.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Well my 2015 sat for about a week without being driven and started weak this morning. Against better judgement I turned it off while sitting in the drop off line at my son's school and bam it left me sitting. A gentleman with the school was kind enough to give me a jump and I was off to Walmart.

For future reference, Walmart carries the correct size AGM battery for our trucks. I was originally not going to replace it with an AGM, but it was the only one of the correct size they had. $186 after core, and the battery swap is about the easiest I have ever done. Battery has a 4 year free replacement warranty.
Just curious i've purchased batteries there out of convenience and warranty ease, but it looks like they changed vendors the last battery was from China, is this battery as well?

·
Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea where it was from. It was an everstart maxx but I know that likely doesnt give much info.

I have never bought a battery anywhere but walmart since I started driving and Ive had really good luck with their batteries to this point.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have no idea where it was from. It was an everstart maxx but I know that likely doesnt give much info.

I have never bought a battery anywhere but walmart since I started driving and Ive had really good luck with their batteries to this point.
And no matter where your at if it needs a warranty replacement theirs probably a Wall-Mart nearby

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Sam's carries the AGM batteries I remember pricing it lower than Walmart but their brand is Duracell, and who knows who the actual manufacturer is?

·
Registered
2015 Laramie 2WD
73 Posts
My battery died last year in a Walmart parking lot. It had been starting slow for a few weeks, so my fault for not getting a new one earlier. Unfortunately, at that time the Walmart auto center was closed due to the pandemic, and all of the batteries were locked in the auto center.

Luckily there was a Ram 2500 parked a couple spots away from me and he was able to give me a jump. I drove to the AutoZone down the street and picked up a new battery. I called first to make sure they had the correct AGM in stock. They lent me the tools to change it out in their parking lot.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This will be my choice when the time comes. Yes... it's gonna cost me a few dollars more.... but i feel it will be worth it. Especially knowing how this truck is sensitive to voltages.

I run this battery in my stand by generators... these are significantly heavier...having more plates, therefore more current capability. they have quite the warranty as well. When my truck gets slow to start, I'll be ordering one up. :)

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,299 Posts
This will be my choice when the time comes. Yes... it's gonna cost me a few dollars more.... but i feel it will be worth it. Especially knowing how this truck is sensitive to voltages.

I have this battery in my '15, even if the truck sits all week in the winter the engine sound right over.

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Bighorn 4x4
151 Posts
I just took my 2015 down to Batteries + a few months ago and had them test it because it is 6 years old and they said it was fine! Thinking about the Odyssey soon though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts