RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 EcoD Laramie 4x4 crew cab ORP w/all the goodies
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm seeing a voltage of 12.2v when I turn on the electronics (not when the engine is running). Is this normal? I've got a 2021 EcoD with about 17k miles on it. I recently left the truck at the house thinking I was going to be gone only a couple of weeks but ended up being gone a full month and didn't put on the battery maintainer. Seems to be steady at 12.2v each day I've checked and I've done 2 long drives since. Electrical isn't my strong suit and some of the internet searches imply that the battery might be half shot. Winter and hunting seasons are around the corner and I don't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere!

Thanks in advance for any input. Have a great weekend.
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
The voltage is computer controlled. Until you throw a trouble code, all is well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The voltage is computer controlled. Until you throw a trouble code, all is well.
Hi: Bounty Hunter... I find this quite "Shocking"!!! I wonder if all my DEF Countdown kerfuffle is indicative of a weak Battery. It's still original from 2016. I maybe forced to seek the advice of the Stealership service dept. Just when I thought I had some money in the bank...OMG!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When the truck is running... just sitting and Idling... does the voltage slowly increase up to 14.2 or 14.4? It should for proper charging of the battery. :)
Just sitting and idling, within a minute in jumps up to 12.9 volts and STAYS at 12.9.
Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

After about 5-10 minutes of easy driving into town, the voltage steadily rose hitting in the upper to mid 14s. Thoughts?

Speedometer Car Trip computer Tachometer Vehicle

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I had a low battery voltage warning on my 2020. Come to find out, Ram had an update that fixed the issue. Well, it didn't technically fix the issue. The update just expanded the parameters so the voltage warning wouldn't sound.

Reactions: RamIdaho

·
Registered
114 Posts
My Eco is a DS 2019 Classic & I realize that the battery question that is being talked about is on a DT body style but all I've ever seen on mine is 12volts going down the road with no variation?? I might monitor it more to see if it ever changes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts