RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tryed this out on mine.

https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/

Works perfect. Disabled DRLs (I have Canadian ram and wanted HIDs). I also enabled Fogs while high beams which worked perfect as well.

You can change your DRL type as well (fogs as DRL or high or low or even the voltage of DRL). You can also disable bulb out lights if you want to switch some bulbs to LEDs.

I am using a cheap ELM327 (v1.5 i think) from amazon.

·
Administrator
8,480 Posts
Good to know. Looks like it will also adjust for different tire sizes along with many other features.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tire size is not supported for the ram yet, but it is in the works from my understanding

I just changed my DRLs to fog lights from the factory high beams (canadian truck)

5860692542202935537.jpg

I enabled SRT pages, but they dont show up. From reading, once you enable if you have uconnect access they should show up after 10 mins. But there is no uconnect access in Canada so they might never show up for me.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm very interested also. Was going to spend a lot more on a Hypertech Speed Calibrator. Glad I waited...

·
Administrator
8,480 Posts
tire size is not supported for the ram yet, but it is in the works from my understanding

I just changed my DRLs to fog lights from the factory high beams (canadian truck)

View attachment 73902

I enabled SRT pages, but they dont show up. From reading, once you enable if you have uconnect access they should show up after 10 mins. But there is no uconnect access in Canada so they might never show up for me.
How about a list of what's actually supported on the Ram if you get a chance. It would be very helpful.

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just got this back from CEO...

Hello Brian,

We will add this function soon. After calibrating the speedometer the calibrate of ABS module is needed, we are currently working on it.

--
Regards,
Krzysztof Rokicki

·
Registered
353 Posts
This looks very interesting. Wonder if it will allow programming of some power folding mirrors, instead of going to the dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have emailed to find out what all this can do so far, as well as to find out if a double bypass is needed for the 2018 Ram. The 2018 Jeep GC & the 2018 Pacifica both require it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is what shows up for my ram

Front fog lights dropout *** Turn fog lights with high beams on/off + + + + +
Rear lamps Combined rear stop and turn lamps on / off
Conversion the corner reverse light to an amber turn signal light + + + + +
SRT EVIC Screen & Performance Pages [beta] This routine will activate the Performance Pages feature on 8.4 uConnect display and EVIC Speedometer cluster just like it would from the factory + + + + +
Halogen lamps to Bixenon/HID+LED conversion Allows you to activate or deactivate the HID/Xenon and Bi-Xenon Headlamps mode, activate a LED DRLs and more.. everything you need if you have changed the halogen lamps for BiXenon + LED + + + + +
LED Lights Configuration * Allows you to activate or deactivate the LED mode for the following vehicle lights: Dedicated DRL, Front Fog Lamps, Front Park/Marker Lamps, Front Turn Lamps, High Beam Lamps, License Lamps, Low Beam Lamps, Rear Fog Lamps, Rear Turn Lamps, Reverse Lamps, Stop Lamps, Tail Lamps. + + + + +
Customer programmable features * Allows you to set the following features: Sound Horn on Lock, Sound Horn on Remote Start, Flash Lamps on Lock, Headlamps on with Wipers, Auto Wipers, Auto Lock, Auto Unlock, Delay Lock, Illuminated Approach Time, Headlamp Delay Time, Accessory Delay Time, Horn Chirp Duration, Daytime Running Lamps, Auto Highbeam, Door Alert Enable, One Press All Unlock Enable, Auto Relock, EC Mirror Auto Dim + + + + +
Settings of a door module * Allows you to customize settings of a door module, such as exterior mirrors extra features - Folding mirrors, Mirror turn signals, Blindspot Mirror, Electro-chromatic Mirrors, Courtesy Lamps, Approach Lights. + + + + +
DRL - Daytime running lamps * Allows you to configure settings of Daytime Running Lamps - DRL:
DRL Localization (High Beam DRL, Low Beam DRL, Fog Lamp DRL, Turn Signal DRL, Dedicated LED DRL),
DRL Lamps Voltage configuration for Halogen Low and High Beam,
DRL Dropout Enable/Disable

the SRT turns on, and when my truck starts it says SRT on the screen, but no performance pages, but i am told this is becasue I dont have uconnect access.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It mentions the ability to add options to the vehicle. I think this was mentioed in relation to the Grand Cherokee.

I am adding the Trailer Brake Controller. It would be a cost savings to be able to add that option myself instead of paying the dealer for an hour to do 10 minutes of work.

·
Registered
790 Posts
"Halogen lamps to Bixenon/HID+LED conversion Allows you to activate or deactivate the HID/Xenon and Bi-Xenon Headlamps mode, activate a LED DRLs and more.. everything you need if you have changed the halogen lamps for BiXenon + LED"

Rock$tar,
Does this then allow installing Bi-Xenon HID projectors or LEDs without the need for Canbus decoders, resistors, etc? If so, this programmer is worth it times over and would save a lot of aggravation and wiring hassles. If not, I'm confused as to why one would need this program.

Could you elaborate or correct my thinking? Thanks, I appreciate your posting this thread.

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have purchased the software. Awaiting the double bypass. Once I have all the pieces needed, I will try to see what can be done. I will try adding the integrated trailer brake controller.

So likely be early next week by the time I have what I need.

All worth while if I can add the itbc. Everything after that is a bonus!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I’m have purchased the software. Awaiting the double bypass. Once I have all the pieces needed, I will try to see what can be done. I will try adding the integrated trailer brake controller.

So likely be early next week by the time I have what I need.

All worth while if I can add the itbc. Everything after that is a bonus!
Agree....I would like to add the itbc, and power folding mirrors one day.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Today I also purchased the Appcar Diag FCA software and a scanner.

I Googled scanners and just got too much conflicting information as which would be best to buy.
Here's what the Appcar web site says:

Recommended interfaces:
OBDLink LX or MX - bluetooth
OBDLink SX - USB
Vgate iCar2 - bluetooth
ELM327 – based USB / Bluetooth – Chinese clones, many of them working properly – except “ver. 1.5a” .

I emailed Appcar and asked for their advice. Here's their reply:

OBDLink MX bluetooth would be the best.
This device will give you access to all modules in your 2016 Ram 1500.
2016 Ram Trucks have two separate CAN networks, such as Ford cars.
OBDLink SX and LX devices give you access to modules in one network only (CAN-C).

So I bit the bullet and bought the best, an OBDLink MX off Amazon to be delivered today.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Today I also purchased the Appcar Diag FCA software and a scanner.

I Googled scanners and just got too much conflicting information as which would be best to buy.
Here's what the Appcar web site says:

Recommended interfaces:
OBDLink LX or MX - bluetooth
OBDLink SX - USB
Vgate iCar2 - bluetooth
ELM327 – based USB / Bluetooth – Chinese clones, many of them working properly – except “ver. 1.5a” .

I emailed Appcar and asked for their advice. Here's their reply:

OBDLink MX bluetooth would be the best.
This device will give you access to all modules in your 2016 Ram 1500.
2016 Ram Trucks have two separate CAN networks, such as Ford cars.
OBDLink SX and LX devices give you access to modules in one network only (CAN-C).

So I bit the bullet and bought the best, an OBDLink MX off Amazon to be delivered today.

Awesome. Keep up posted on your results. Really appreciate your time.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts