RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
I do think it will. Good luck and please keep us posted.
I also believe that AlfaOBD will be able to read the ABS module. However, I would connect to the BCM module with AlfaOBD and first set the tire size correctly. I believe the tire size parameter will then pass the correct value to the ABS module. At least, that is the way I understand it to work.

·
Registered
277 Posts
anyone in Central Texas want to activate my brake controller? I'd rather pay a fellow owner than the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it looks like Alfa is getting the better of me. I'm quite computer literate, but for the life of me I cannot see where to modify parameters in any of the modules. I can save logs and whatnot and test components, but where can I actually modify parameters? 2016, Android, OBDLink MX. Thanks.

*Edit* Nevermind. Didn't realized the editing portion was list at the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
851 Posts
So it looks like Alfa is getting the better of me. I'm quite computer literate, but for the life of me I cannot see where to modify parameters in any of the modules. I can save logs and whatnot and test components, but where can I actually modify parameters? 2016, Android, OBDLink MX. Thanks
This may help. It's my record of using Alfa plus data from other forum members.

View attachment JFJs AlfaOBD Instructions.pdf

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Once you enter the vehicle model and connect to the specific computer you want to modify, you'll see 4 icons on the bottom right of the screen. 3rd icon from the left is what you want to use next. That'll take you to the drop-down menu for everything you can modify.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I purchased this program recently and I am very happy that I did. I have a 2015 big horn and the main reason for my purchase is to run LED lights all around without having to buy canbus bulbs, resistors and completely new housings in some cases which are all very expensive. I am also messing around with the windows. I'm pretty sure this program can do it all but the terms to me are very "foreign" so I won't be messing around with it much. I wish this program would allow you upload a custom background screen on the cluster and 8.4 touch screen. Other than that I'm very well pleased with my purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone

I just joined the Forum. I've owned my EcoDiesel for about 2 1/2 years. I just added Bilstein 5100 Series adjustable shocks front and rear, and 285/65/20 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires. Want to change some of the defaults for the truck - and start with the tire size setting. Glad I found this post - I got a lot of useful info out of it. Just bought Appcar, and and OBDLink MX. Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using the ScanToon OBDLink MX (Black) bluetooth.

Works great and I think is the recommend device, although others will work.
could you tell me if you are able to disable the automatic air suspension adjust?
i would like to raise my truck all the way and not have it automatically decrease ride height when i go over 30 km/h
2015 eco longhorn

·
Super Moderator
4,168 Posts
could you tell me if you are able to disable the automatic air suspension adjust?
i would like to raise my truck all the way and not have it automatically decrease ride height when i go over 30 km/h
With AlfaOBD you completely disable the air suspension if you want to remove it and there have been guys figuring out how to "level" the air suspension without adjustable links.
I'm guessing you won't be able to alter the actual operation of the air suspension module. If you decide to try changing things, make sure to write down every change you make in case something goes wrong.

·
Registered
277 Posts
my dealer enabled the ITBC while it was in for last the free service, took them 2 minutes via some wireless device.
I mentioned possibly having someone else do it before I came in for the scheduled service.
The service rep was quick to mention that modifying the stock parameters could result in warranty claim issues...I just smiled and nodded lol

241 - 252 of 252 Posts