RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck ordering a new 1500 with the bed delete option? Sales person says it is not possible. But I don't know if I should believe them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Why yes I have ordered the delete spray in bedliner if that's what you're referring to.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Has anyone had any luck ordering a new 1500 with the bed delete option? Sales person says it is not possible. But I don't know if I should believe them.
I asked my dealer that question and was told that it could normally be done but would not save much. However, it is not currently possible with the EcoDiesel. Maybe later.

·
Registered
89 Posts
He is asking about bed delete. Not spray in bedliner. 2 totally different things. Bed delete means your truck comes with no box on the back.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why yes I have ordered the delete spray in bedliner if that's what you're referring to.
I would like to delete the actual bed (box) of the truck so I can put on a flatbed.

Bigfoot says not at this time. I believe him.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I would like to delete the actual bed (box) of the truck so I can put on a flatbed.
Me, too. One option is to make a trailer out of the bed which would be cool but probably heavy for what it is. Not sure what the bed, bumper and lamps would be worth on Craigslist, maybe $1500?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea. I really don't have answer other than the obvious of selling it to a body shop. I would rather, if possible, not even get it especially if it would reduce the overall price a thousand or so.

The flatbed would be something like this:

truck-bed_l.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts