RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my a 2015 ram 1500 Laramie crew with 6'4" bed, with Ramboxs. I did'nt get the spray in bed protection because I was planning on getting the Bedrug liner. Had one before and loved it. Contacted the Bedrug people and found out they did not, and will not offer one for my truck :( Want something that will work with the bed dividers. Worse case I will get the bed sprayed. Anyone find any cool liners for the Rambox beds?

·
Registered
12 Posts
in Car and Driver test they had Bedrug & RamBox, must have been 5'-7" bed?

2013 Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4 Long-Term Test Wrap-Up ? Review ? Car and Driver

I would recommend to keep looking or asking; there has to something similar somewhere or maybe they can do a special order

Always thought I'd like a bedrug, but not sure if it would be so good for hauling firewood & gravel - may be too hard to clean

·
Registered
9 Posts
Always thought I'd like a bedrug, but not sure if it would be so good for hauling firewood & gravel - may be too hard to clean
I've had Bed Rugs in my last two trucks and they held up well. My first one I had in the truck for 7 years without a bed cover of any kind. My only complaint is that it would freeze at the tailgate hinge if it was damp, but again it wasn't covered. I've spilled oil on it and hauled greasy engines/transmissions on it and it always cleans up nicely with some Simple Green and a hose. Occasionally I'll run the vacuum cleaner over it to make it look like new. I'm not sure what they are made of, but it's pretty darn tough.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in Car and Driver test they had Bedrug & RamBox, must have been 5'-7" bed?

2013 Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4 Long-Term Test Wrap-Up ? Review ? Car and Driver

I would recommend to keep looking or asking; there has to something similar somewhere or maybe they can do a special order

Thanks. I contacted Bedbug by email. No plans on making one. I seen one for 5'7" but not for 6'4". I had the bedrug in a gmc crew dually. Loved it. Nothing slid in it, if you put chainsaw in the bed, it stayed there. Hauled drums of diesel fuel, no stains. Hauled some mulch in it once, and it was a pain to wash out. Over all, Loved it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mopar parts lists the hard plastic liner type (82212945) for $347; looks like it works with 6'4" bed & RamBox. I realize this is not as nice as bedrug; but is an option.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have the Ram Box with the 6'4" bed and the spray liner. Found everything skated around on the spray liner so I added the rubber no slip mat. Wish I knew about the horse trailer matts. Way cheaper than the truck ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bummer,,, I too have been looking for a rubber matt of some sort for same truck,,,Laramie, 6'-4'' box w/ Ramboxes. Duel liner sez,,, no go. As I was ready to order a couple days ago. Horse matts ?? Do they come with the horse? My yards not big enuf! Oh well ,, Line X option? cost in Col,,, anyone have it done lately? Rhino spray is close to 5 bills,,, no thanks. My last truck had Line X but was in, during purchase. Any reply appreciated. P

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought a 1/2 inch, 5x7 horse trailer mat for mine (5'-7" no ram box) ... Had to trim around the wheel wells and for length but fits great.

It was only $45. Nice grip, likely overkill for protection (heavy, tough stuff).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts