RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -

I have 2016 Outdoorsman, 6 weeks from warranty ending and just threw a P20EE code this morning. I live in Boyle, bought the truck in Redwater. Looking for what you guys think is the best shop to take it to in Edmonton or area for this warranty work?

EGR recall not done yet, 2 dealerships claim to have my part on order, more than a year now.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello all -

I have 2016 Outdoorsman, 6 weeks from warranty ending and just threw a P20EE code this morning. I live in Boyle, bought the truck in Redwater. Looking for what you guys think is the best shop to take it to in Edmonton or area for this warranty work?

EGR recall not done yet, 2 dealerships claim to have my part on order, more than a year now.

Thanks
Hello, not sure about repair shops out there as I am in Ontario. I too have not had my EGR cooler replaced, the dealer told me there were about 300 plus to do just at that particular dealer so I through my name onto the list, not sure how long it will be but I will more than likely do the full delete.. I’ve got a ‘15 Longhorn model, fully loaded with only 70,000 Kms on it, had that code pop up once since I got the truck 8 months ago, dealer at the time gave me a 3 month 5000km warranty so I took it back. They did a forced regen and it cleared the code... it popped up again just after the warranty expired so I cleared it using my OBD tool... they told me that I would probably soon need to replace both NOX sensors, costing me about $1250 plus taxes,.. no thanks, I will do the full delete for about $2800 and never have to worry about emission problems👍

·
Registered
53 Posts
That’s odd, you mentioned waiting a year for your part to arrive.. I just got a call from the dealer saying my new EGR cooler had arrived and I booked an appt to have it put it. I bought the truck used, and ended up going back to the original dealer it was purchased from and serviced it.. the car fax shows the owners name and complete service history, this truck is like new for a 2015 model year... I was the first to see it posted online and put a deposit on it, after i bought it, they had many more hits on the website before it was listed as sold.. I got lucky

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that is crazy. My 2016 only has 71 thou kms on it. Only other code it ever threw was this winter when it was -45. I had an ambient air sensor code pop up that went away on its own after it warmed up outside. No other issues until this code this morning. I booked it in Friday at the Lac La biche dealership. I'll be asking about the EGR cooler recall as well. I'd like to get it done just so the recall is marked as completed.... of course all those parts are going to "fall off" when I delete in July after my warranty expires 😆 but at least I can say the recall was done if I ever try to trade or sell it.

·
Registered
2015 RAM EcoDiesel SLT Crew Cab Short Box
2 Posts
Hello all -

Thanks
I'm also looking for a dependable service shop in Edmonton for my EcoDiesel.. I have a 2015 and got the P20EE. Had that cleared a couple of times before going to the dealer. After they added DEF, I got the 'Incorrect DEF Detected, Contact Dealer' message. I went back and their first recommendations were replacing all the parts in the Selective Catalytic Reduction System- $5600) or deleting (replacing the exhaust system to remove the SCR ($2700). No suggestions to replace sensors nor clean the injectors. Anyone had good luck with independent service in Edmonton?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts