RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Alpine system in my 2016, and really like it. Huge improvement over the base stereo. I always like to improve though, so would replacing the speakers even be worth it? I also used to have a line driver on a factory Bose stereo in a 370Z I had, and it made an absolutely tremendous difference, but that was coming off 2v preouts. Thoughts?

Reactions: Smoke

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I still have my rear door 6X9 JBL speakers that I never sold. I'll repost them up for sale later today.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sound deadening material applied around the speakers will improve the sound, especially the doors, yes, speakers, yes, search around, lots of discussions about speakers, and removing the front middle speaker, it's a center Chanel speaker, and distracts from the sound stage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone done a line driver, or is it possible with these trucks?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Has anyone done a line driver, or is it possible with these trucks?
I don't know anything about using a line driver, but I would guess that it would only work if the factory amp was separate from the radio. I don't know if the UConnect is separate or not. My Mustang was, but my Acura had amps at each speaker.

·
Read Only
158 Posts
I have the standard 6 speaker system in my 2014 Big Horn, and changed out the dash and rear door speakers yesterday with the JBL 302's and 692's. Made a big difference, will be doing the front doors next week. Speakers only at this point.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
How are the kicker drop-in replacement speakers? Put 6x9 coax in the rear doors, get the 6x9 single cone for the front doors with the dash tweeters, and they even have a molded plastic sub box. The sub and amp seems worth the money due to ease of install and hidden box but how are the replacement speakers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have the standard 6 speaker system in my 2014 Big Horn, and changed out the dash and rear door speakers yesterday with the JBL 302's and 692's. Made a big difference, will be doing the front doors next week. Speakers only at this point.
How difficult is it to get to those dash speakers? I didn't look too close but they seem deep in the dash.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,776 Posts
How difficult is it to get to those dash speakers? I didn't look too close but they seem deep in the dash.
Changing the dash speakers are not bad, just use a flat ratchet with a short socket.
The speaker grills just pry up, and don't drop the wiring/plug, it can be a pain to fish it back out of the dash.
The OEM upgrade speakers (77KICK**) line make a huge improvement, should have come from the factory with them.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Changing the dash speakers are not bad, just use a flat ratchet with a short socket.
The speaker grills just pry up, and don't drop the wiring/plug, it can be a pain to fish it back out of the dash.
This is the one thing that has been keeping me from doing this upgrade. Thanks for the info, I may try it when the weather warms up.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The OEM upgrade speakers (77KICK**) line make a huge improvement, should have come from the factory with them.
Thanks those are the ones I'm talking about and how do they compare to the JBL that seem pretty popular on here? Price etc. The kicker would be a true drop in replacement but it isn't difficult for me to come up with wiring harness adapters

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts