RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 EcoD Laramie 4x4 crew cab ORP w/all the goodies
92 Posts
Really nutty that my mpg is getting better. Just got a personal best 27.1 mpg (hand calc/Fuelly) after 756 round trip miles (filled up the same station by our house). Bitter sweet. Very pleased on the mpg and very disappointed in the ending of the 1500 EcoD engines on future model years.

Reactions: Fediej and HYDREX

·
Registered
2015 Trademan 4x4, 3.92, 6.4' bed air lift 1000 bags, bilstien shocks, 34" nitto g2s, Unknown tune.
649 Posts
I never seemed to top 33 mpg but being in Texas it's possible with the 3.55 gears, daily driving was 26 avg.
comparing "daily driving" mileage is apples to oranges though because for example on days where I drive out to my camp and drive around out that way, its much more rural and my fuel mileage climbs but when I get back to the city the mileage drops considerably as there are many more stop lights and stop signs to deal with which I find to be the main killer of MPG for me. If I lived even 30 minutes northeast of where I do now my average fuel mileage would be much higher... Just my opinion but comparing highway mileage at a certain speed is a more accurate comparison but the averages are still great to hear as its important to see how driving habits and the environment the trucks live in effect them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Best when not towing was two trips from Flagstaff AZ to Mesa AZ. 34.5 both times. Best while towing my TT was 16.9 between Gallup NM and Albuquerque NM. Just got back from burning man, 1980 miles round trip 95% towing the TT and averaged 15.3. I do not hand calculate as I see no need.
Canyon

·
Registered
2015 Trademan 4x4, 3.92, 6.4' bed air lift 1000 bags, bilstien shocks, 34" nitto g2s, Unknown tune.
649 Posts
Just went on a 4hour trip to pick up a used golf cart and got a dismal 25.1mpg with mixed driving mostly highway 66-70mph... im really considering stepping back down to smaller tires and lower stance.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts