RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, with upgrades in mind I need to find out how to make some options work. Scan tool needed? Like how to make some of the OEM options functional on my stripper.

I have a 2019 'Classic', same as 2018, what gen is that? Gen IV? I have a Terdsman so it is pretty basic. I would like some chrome mirrors with blinkers. They are power adjustable now so there is wiring to the mirror. Is the wiring for the blinker already there? Can I attach new mirrors, plug them into existing connections and turn the option for blinkers on via a scan tool?

I would also like to get seat heaters. Same thing, are these trucks pre-wired for options such as these? I have the base model vegan leather seats. I suspect it might be cheaper to get an aftermarket seat heater and find an accessories wire and splice in but I would much rather get the OEM heater if the truck is wired for it already. But, what about the on/off switch? Is it part of the door panel? I would hope the truck is pre-wired to make all this possible and just buy the upgraded OEM pieces and necessary tool to "turn on" the options.

As for my basic azz Uconnect? I don't have any steering wheel radio controls so I may be out of luck. Other than seat heaters I could live with the interior. I actually like the fact that it has rubber floors and fake leather. I have kids and a Belgian Malinois fur missle. What I would really like to do is church up the exterior.

Mirrors

Anyone have info on the tool to turn on options? I've only heard mythical stories about this magic.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Official Alfaobd thread

A tool called Alfaobd is currently the most affordable method for making options changes. $50 for the tool and it runs on Android or windows PC. You'll also need a ELM 327 obd adapter. A good one about $50-$80.

As far as acquiring what is needed, I would think you'd be better off finding a Salvage with the interior you desire and strip what you need.

Some things like the brake controller comes pre-wired, but I'm not sure about heated seats. I'm sure I've seen a couple of posts where folks have added them though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually like my interior. Rubber floors clean up great and if a kid or dog messes up a seat it’s just the faux leather.
thanks for the link to the thread .

·
Registered
132 Posts
I find Rock Auto a good source for parts. If you have Android, AlfaOBD is excellent. I'm a apple user, but bought a cheap used tablet to use Alfa.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find Rock Auto a good source for parts. If you have Android, AlfaOBD is excellent. I'm a apple user, but bought a cheap used tablet to use Alfa.
I've got a tablet the controls my Edelbrock ProFlo 4 fuel injection on my 340 small block. Perhaps I could use that. Thanks for the info guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts