RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2015 Ram Laramie ecodiesel and the fog lights need replaced. They shake and the reflectors inside have deteriorated. I've read a lot about the shaking lights, and fixes. I read a couple of people saying they got new ones and they have metal housing that isn't wearing out. Where can I get these?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't care for either of them. I like the factory chrome looking inside the lens. I don't care for the bright white light either. Gives me a headache and works like crap in fog, rain, snow. I would like yellow bulbs. But looking for factory looking, better built housings.

·
Registered
511 Posts
After careful consideration I ordered a set of Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro white fog light kits for my truck. My main goal is to increase ground visibility at 10-11 o'clock and 1-2 o'clock when driving in a turn or curve, especially off pavement on BLM roads. I don't like surprises like pot holes, ruts, washouts, big tree branches, rocks, etc. I currently have the Morimoto SB LED fogs like Crash68. I'll take some before and after photos and post them here for y'all to see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered some bulbs that are bright white fog lights until you turn them off and back on within 5 seconds, then they are yellow. Will see how they work out. White for wet dark nights and yellow for snow and fog.

·
Registered
271 Posts
For a couple years I’ve been running LED bulbs in the fog lamps but have never been happy with the beam spread (i know it would glare oncoming traffic so i rarely used them) or the blue-ish light output (terrible at penetrating fog/rain and gives poor contrast like what is needed for seeing brown colors like deer or boars at night)

I recently changed to the same LED projector assemblies that CAVEMANN refers to in his post above. Except i went a step further and ordered Yellow protective film to cover them Amazon.com: Lamin-x Custom Fit Yellow Fog Light Covers for Dodge Ram Truck 1500 Classic (13-19): Automotive . It changes the LED 6000Kelvin (blueish white) output to closer to 3000Kelvin (yellow) which does a great job in rain/fog penetration and seeing animals on highways and backroads at night. The projectors have a great cutoff line so as to not glare into oncoming traffic.

I’m happy with the look and function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts