RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Every state in the lower 48 runs some level of winterized fuel from roughly end of October through first of April, even Florida. Of course, the treatment for Oklahoma is going to be vastly different than that for North Dakota.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You went to pick up a motorcycle and had good MPGs. With the motorcycle loaded in the truck and a cheap fill-up, you had bad MPGs on the way home. Don't you think the weight of a motorcycle has anything to do with the MPG difference?
Otherwise, I envy your 30+ MPGs!

·
Read Only
59 Posts
Another variable, air temp, esp when towing.
MPG 10% better towing at 65-70 degrees (last week in TN) vs 50-55 degrees (on way home thru PA and western NY 2 days ago)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You went to pick up a motorcycle and had good MPGs. With the motorcycle loaded in the truck and a cheap fill-up, you had bad MPGs on the way home. Don't you think the weight of a motorcycle has anything to do with the MPG difference?
Otherwise, I envy your 30+ MPGs!
Mortorcycle was a "chopper frame" kinda complete but without motor or transmission, probably only 200 lbs, but, my business partner, the guy who builds choppers, and I ate massive quantities of Indonesian food at the restaurant, so weight could have been a factor. I asked the guy who filled my bulk tank yesterday about it, he said many small stations could still have crappy winter #1 diesel in their tanks. My truck is back to happy again, filled her up with 55 cetane #2 from my bulk tank.

·
Registered
734 Posts
55 Cetane? What kinda special sauce you getting? Usually even the premium diesels I can find are only 48 Cetane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts