RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of a leveled truck.

I've been looking into options, and have heard these come up multiple times. Does anyone have any experience with them? If a guy put these in the front end, does any modification need to be made with the rear end so it doesn't sag when towing?

How about fuel mileage and overall ride? I'm not really worried about those, just more curious.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Any level will require a modification to keep the rear from sagging lower than the front when towing. Just the nature of the beast when wanting level.
Whatever level you use, you'll likely want one of the air options so you can keep it level when unloaded and stiffer when loaded for the tow. Otherwise aftermarket springs will make it taller in the rear or too stiff unladen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any level will require a modification to keep the rear from sagging lower than the front when towing. Just the nature of the beast when wanting level.
Whatever level you use, you'll likely want one of the air options so you can keep it level when unloaded and stiffer when loaded for the tow. Otherwise aftermarket springs will make it taller in the rear or too stiff unladen.

Do you have a recommendation of one of the air-ride options?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Do you have a recommendation of one of the air-ride options?
Good question glad you asked... check this post I made a pretty strong list of them:
http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/showthread.php?p=325562
The list is outdated...

The CoolRide link is broken now

TLC appears to be down for the count unfortunately.

TG also makes full air ride conversion (spring replacement) now too.

My 2 cents: the TG are highly recommended and now after spending about an hour on the phone with the owner (Steve) the other day I'm fairly certain that's how I'll go. The guy is sharp and if his site doesn't list something that fits your exact custom needs, he can make it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts