RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw it on a truck on the lot and liked it. I don't see too many builds with it as the color though so I'm guessing I might be the only one. When I build the Outdoorsman package, it shows up as a no cost option. I'm about to head to the dealership and finish up details so hopefully later on today I'll be posting in the I put down a deposit thread.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like the color a lot, but unfortunately it's not available in two-tone for the Outdoorsman. So I'm probably going to go with two-tone True Blue Pearl.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Colors are a very personal choice, we all see differently. I've looked at nearly all the colors in person because the web versions are inaccurate. I tend not to like black, white and gray so the Black Gold Pearl is not my favorite but better than pure black because it has some subtle character. Like all dark colors it will require careful cleaning to look its best. Go with what you like.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well apparently Dodge is continuing to screw this release up because now my dealer (or any other one in 500 miles) can't order my truck. Do they enjoy pissing off their customers? I've been considering this truck since the initial announcement but wasn't sure if I was ready to commit to another new vehicle and take a serious hit on my trade in. Now that I am ready to make a deposit and sign the papers, they won't sell me the truck. Awesome. Way to go DodgeFiatGMRam-whatever. On the plus side, no new debt for me for a while!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I looked at the black gold on a 2500 at my local dealer. It was VERY cool. But, when the sun wend behind the clouds.... the "Magic" went away, and it was just a very dark olive color. So... I ordered Cherry metallic.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Well apparently Dodge is continuing to screw this release up because now my dealer (or any other one in 500 miles) can't order my truck. Do they enjoy pissing off their customers? I've been considering this truck since the initial announcement but wasn't sure if I was ready to commit to another new vehicle and take a serious hit on my trade in. Now that I am ready to make a deposit and sign the papers, they won't sell me the truck. Awesome. Way to go DodgeFiatGMRam-whatever. On the plus side, no new debt for me for a while!
Nothing new there. The haven't allowed the outdoorsman to be ordered. There was a VERY small window a few weeks ago, that you could get one, if you ordered 20" Wheels.

Why get mad? Just get a Laramie or a big horn with what you want.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm not mad, just frustrated. In the end, it means I'll save more money at the moment, maybe to put down a bigger down payment on the truck I want in the future. Plus, from the way they were talking it sounds like the base/trim doesn't matter if it's an EcoDiesel but who knows.

Again, just really frustrating. Oh well, life goes on.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm not mad, just frustrated. In the end, it means I'll save more money at the moment, maybe to put down a bigger down payment on the truck I want in the future. Plus, from the way they were talking it sounds like the base/trim doesn't matter if it's an EcoDiesel but who knows.

Again, just really frustrating. Oh well, life goes on.
Dealing with Ram requires patience. Delays, restrictions, poor information, confusing options and incentives, uninformed dealers... if it wasn't for the internet I would be clueless. The EcoDiesel is in such demand that we have had to order early in the monthly allocation cycle and compromise with options. In particular the Outdoorsman model has had very limited availability. Sorry you can't get what you want, when you want. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My trucks and cars were black for several years.Even though I'd go to the dealer intending to buy an easier color to care for,the shinny clean black rigs attracted me like a magnet.Nothings looks as sharp when cared for,so I'd come home with it.Unfortunately,it seldom was as clean and shinny in my driveway as I live on and drive a lot of dirt roads.I finally broke the cycle with my last truck and got gray although the black one in the showroom was hard to resist.Gray is real good and doesn't show road dust and dirt as much but not as stunning as black IMO.On my new,ordered Ram I compromised and got Max Steel.I still have black cars though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think it's awful and it's another example of one of Dodge's famous "color-dating". What I mean is that the color stands out enough and won't be used forever so it gives away the age of the truck before you even get close. Even if it's in great shape with lots of aftermarket stuff it'll still kinda look old, where something conventional like white, black, grey, silver, or one of the two reds will blend in year-to-year with a style.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I'm not a chrome guy so maybe I'm just weird?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was set on going with silver when I went into the dealership but after seeing the western brown and black gold I ran into real problems. I went back and forth over 30 minutes on the color finally deciding on the Western Brown but the Black Gold is an awesome color, I have second guessed myself quite a few times I would go for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts