RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just received my new ED Laramie, and I total forgot about a block heater, I don't recall seeing it as a option. Does it come standard with Canada ED trucks?

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a Laramie in Edmonton and had a standard block heater. Pop the hood and look to the right and it should be tucked in.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ya it should be there right at the top area of the passenger headlight...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Look under the plastic cover.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked and it's there. The owners manual states the block heater is a option on the ED. It's nice it comes standard on Canada Trucks.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I believe engine block heaters are standard on every Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. What is not standard (at least in the US) is the actual cord that connects the heater to an electrical source. Check out the thread below for the "definitive answer" on the heater cord and where to get one. I paid $11.

http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...finitive-answer-block-heater-other-stuff.html
Yep... what he said. The pisser is that they charge $100 for the cord from the factory. Here's how to do the cord cheap, if you didn't order the heater with the truck....

http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-accessories/707-cheap-block-heater-cord.html

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
You guy know I'm Canadian, right? But I live in the US...so I get to double dip. ;)

Yes, Canada has better beer.

Yes, Canada has better junk food.

And for whatever reason, people love Tim's coffee.

But the US has...

Save the world TWICE and only been beaten by Canada ONCE. ;)

Landed on the Moon (and littered the joint up, of course)

Given the world Duck Dynastry, Honey Boo Boo and, oh..., wait...scratch this one...nothing is better because of these shows!

*drapes himself in a Canadian flag while waving his passport to all his Northern brothers and sisters...at least for another year, when he gets citizenship...then he's buying a couple guns for his pickup truck and some acreage to prep on! Enjoy the snow and black flies, suckers!*

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You guy know I'm Canadian, right? But I live in the US...so I get to double dip. ;)

But the US has...

Given the world Duck Dynastry, Honey Boo Boo and, oh..., wait...scratch this one...nothing is better because of these shows!

*drapes himself in a Canadian flag while waving his passport to all his Northern brothers and sisters...at least for another year, when he gets citizenship...then he's buying a couple guns for his pickup truck and some acreage to prep on! Enjoy the snow and black flies, suckers!*
Who cares about black flies? 2-3 weeks at most in the spring and they are gone.... now the f*cking deer and horse flies, those suckers will drive u nuts and they are around all summer

·
Registered
940 Posts

But the US has...

You can Never take the Maple Bacon out of a Canadian.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts