RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In short, my 2015 RAM EcoDiesel has blown with 129K miles on it. Dealer has submitted a warranty claim to FCA replace the motor and it was denied. The warranty they were trying to use was the extended emissions warranty as I had the update completed at 110K miles so I’m covered up to 155k miles. While the extended warranty doesn’t cover a new engine it covers engine components. Anyone have advice on how to win this so FCA replaces the engine? I was thinking about asking for an itemized list of all engine parts covered and labor to replace each component that is covered to compare to the 12K quote to put a new engine in with labor. Thoughts?

·
Registered
654 Posts
In short, my 2015 RAM EcoDiesel has blown with 129K miles on it. Dealer has submitted a warranty claim to FCA replace the motor and it was denied. The warranty they were trying to use was the extended emissions warranty as I had the update completed at 110K miles so I’m covered up to 155k miles. While the extended warranty doesn’t cover a new engine it covers engine components. Anyone have advice on how to win this so FCA replaces the engine? I was thinking about asking for an itemized list of all engine parts covered and labor to replace each component that is covered to compare to the 12K quote to put a new engine in with labor. Thoughts?
That $3K check doesn't help much with a new engine install. Might still be running fine without the NEW ECM update, who knows. $12K into a 2015 seems on the high end, maybe a used engine might be a better route (maybe) just sayin.

·
Registered
2014 RAM 1500 on its second engine...
1 Posts
Mine blew at 120,288 mi while on cruise control at 70 mph towing my trailer. I’ve owned it for 5 months and put less than 5k mi on it. Same deal with FCA. No coverage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts