RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I picked up the truck yesterday afternoon. They performed a coolant pressure test, had an oil analysis done, and check for exhaust gas in coolant. Truck passed all of these. I took it for a 30 mile round trip last night and so far it seems ok. Coolant level isn’t right in the dot but the weather here is fluctuating so I have to see what level will look like after a week or two.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well the truck has been driven just shy of 50 miles on stock ECM (since thats how I brought it to dealer) with no significant change in coolant level. Swapped the GDE Ecm back in. Cleaned MAP sensor as well. Drove about 15 miles this afternoon, and lost about 1/8 of a gallon of coolant. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence that it happened after I swapped ECMs. EGR is intact.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Too bad we do not have glow plugs with pressure sensors built in. I had a Jetta TDI with glow plugs that had pressure sensors built inside to monitor the pressures in the cylinder. I would like to know, but probably will never find out what is the pressure is with the stock and GDE tuned engine, especially under acceleration.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts