RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Regarding the Blue Def Platinum Date code and many comments. Please watch the YT video I posted, at least the first few minutes where the poster said he called and got answers on the date code. They told him each plant has a different date code style hence the reason we see different date code styles place in various locations.

Water well still lower the scr efficiency and cause codes.
TC DIesel said he ran a mixture of 10% - 15% urea with 80% - 85% distilled water in his 2015 with success. The newer trucks have the quality sensor and will trigger at 22% urea. He said you could run 1 gallon of distilled water for each 2.5 gallons of DEF and keep the urea concentration at 24%.

You know me, I run Platinum DEF and don't mess with it, but it's an interesting topic, nonetheless.

TC DIesel said he ran a mixture of 10% - 15% urea with 80% - 85% distilled water in his 2015 with success. The newer trucks have the quality sensor and will trigger at 22% urea. He said you could run 1 gallon of distilled water for each 2.5 gallons of DEF and keep the urea concentration at 24%.

You know me, I run Platinum DEF and don't mess with it, but it's an interesting topic, nonetheless.
Take everything TC Diesel says with a huge grain of salt he really is not an expert like he claims.

I have no idea what you’re trying to say with that or how it relates to the OP’s question, and I also wonder if any of the posters in here read the original post. Either the OP made a typo and added 3 numerals, or there is a new code format. I’m trying to find out which one is the case.
It's easier to figure out the date code than to decipher @Dieseldragon's comments!!!

• Haha
Reactions: biodiesel
I just bought a couple of jugs of blue def platinum. When I opened the box and pulled out the container I saw what I think is the date code. I have decoded the regular def made by the same company, but this I an not figure out.
The code: SAM160112232001
Does anyone know how to decode this one?
Thank you.
Hi: djevox... Here's the OP in case you forgot!!! Why bother to decode something so convoluted? Once you put it in your truck what kind of storage it had is "Moot"!!! These days who can you trust?
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

Its a 2014. I've heard i could use distilled water but i haven't. It uses so little anyway that i don't mind the expense of it.
I have been using about 2 gallons of distilled water to about 4 gallons of DEF about every 7000 miles for over 40000 miles in my 2015. Ever since my early GDE tune. Never had any codes, problems, or whatever. I have been thinking about pulling my DEF injector and having a look. Maybe this summer.

Reactions: MR. TED
@tofiutnuss can you post a pic of the box showing the date code?
Perhaps you can help me. Someone will sell me two boxes for the price of one. One has that date code as explained above--early December. The other has a different style shown below. If I assume the first four digits are the plant code, 23168 would be 7/15 last year, which would be fine, but I wish they would use open codes or at least a consistent code! TIA,

Font Rectangle Gas Electric blue Brand

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.