RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently a passenger while my gf took a turn at the wheel, i noticed (under dash) a blue light between the steering colum cowl and the dashboard, just curious what it is...no accessory lights or switches ever added to my 2016

Attachments

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Recently a passenger while my gf took a turn at the wheel, i noticed (under dash) a blue light between the steering colum cowl and the dashboard, just curious what it is...no accessory lights or switches ever added to my 2016
Hi: mas1500... It's part of the courtesy lighting system. Keeps the foot wells lit. In our Laramie Longhorn they're everywhere. In the door liners under the back seats in the roof console to name a few!!! Safer than a shot glass to keep you well lit!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,744 Posts
Probably a GPS tracking device, it wouldn't be the first time a device like that was installed unknowingly to the vehicle owner. Dealerships put them in to track the vehicles in case the person defaults on the loan or it's stolen off the lot.

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 262,000 KM.
2,114 Posts
Thats a creep cam. It looks to be aimed at the tear in your girlfriends jeans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts