RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at different dealers online.. Alot of them don't say the box size and they'll have a stock photo.. Some will have the window sticker but I can't see anywhere on there that it will tell what size box it has.. always either crew cab 4x4, etc.. no mention whether its 140" or 149"
Any ideas or is there something I'm missing? I'm wanting the 149" box but alot of what I see is the short bed

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was in your shoes as well. It is a royal pain to try and find what size bed it has. There really is no good way to find out, if the dealership doesn't have the wheelbase listed you have no way of telling. Best bet is to just go into a dealership and have them search for you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Thought the quad cabs all had the longer bed and the crew cabs all had the shorter bed. That way the wheelbase would be the same.

You can get an 8ft. bed but think it's mostly in the regular cab models.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
No you can get the 6'4" box with the cc as well and the "shorter" box with a quad.... i'v seen a cc 6'4", that's a big long truck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought the quad cabs all had the longer bed and the crew cabs all had the shorter bed. That way the wheelbase would be the same.

You can get an 8ft. bed but think it's mostly in the regular cab models.

According to the Ram build site, they do make both the quad and crew with both options for the beds.. I have been trying to find a Laramie quad with the 149" box because its about a grand cheaper..

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a CC w/6.4 bed. It's a beast (for me), but I would have gotten bigger (8 footer) if it was available.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
According to the Ram build site, they do make both the quad and crew with both options for the beds.. I have been trying to find a Laramie quad with the 149" box because its about a grand cheaper..
I think the Quad Cab comes only with the "long" or 6'4" bed which is a 140.5" wheelbase. To get the "short" box requires a Crew Cab, same wheelbase. The 149" wheelbase is a Crew Cab with 6'4" box. So, if you want the Quad Cab no worries, they are all the same box. BTW, I wanted a Quad Cab with long box, but when I ordered only the Crew Cab was available with air suspension which was also on my list.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Look at the distance from the back of the cab to the rear wheels. If it's only about 10" then it's a shorty. If it's closer to 20" it's the long. This only applies to CC of course. Hopefully they have real pix of trucks online and not the stock photos.

Don't tread on me!
MOLON LABE

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
So what are the options?

Regular cab gets the regular bed or short bed?
Quad cab gets short bed?
Cre cab gets short bed or really short bed?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts