RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 2wd with 3.92 gears and tow package, Tradesman
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my EGR Cooler failed. The dealership fixed it and was test driving it to make sure everything was good. As they’re driving it, the brake booster failed. They say this is a common occurrence, and that the parts are on back order, for at least a month. They already have me in a loaner for the EGR. They said stay in the loaner. And so far as they know, this will not cost me anything. This was towards the end of the day and the tech had already gone home. The advisor said he’d call me tomorrow once he finds out more information.

Have any of you had any experiences like this? The truck has 138,000ish miles on it. I did a search, but only found one thread from a couple of years ago. Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Jed

·
Super Moderator
756 Posts
Funny how things just magically "break" while at the dealer. I remember when I had the timing chain cover resealed. Then the truck wouldn't start. Somehow the fuel regulator and oil pressure sensor decided to die while on the hoist. Hmmmm.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,624 Posts
If it's a no cost warranty repair and it's not an inconvenience to you not getting the truck back, I would be overly concerned.
The brake booster has its own vacuum pump since the engines don't create a vacuum and these trucks don't use a hydro-boost like the HD trucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts