RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I and doing the search and find of in-stock trucks looking for the right one, or one that fits the budget.

questions-
Can the trailer brake controller be added after purchase, (OEM type only)

when looking at stickers on-line, White trucks, how can I tell what color the bottom color would be on a non-mono truck?

Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yes, my dealer installed the brake controller for my truck.

Go to Ram Trucks - Pickup Trucks, Work Trucks & Vans and build a truck. All of the color options can be seen. How the second color appears on the sticker is a good question. I've forgot. I research 2 two tone trucks and the second color doesn't appear on the window sticker, just the primary color. Interesting.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I ordered my brake controller on ebay. It was the factory controller in the mopar box and was less than the dealer. You will have to take it in to have it programmed into the truck though.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes, my dealer installed the brake controller for my truck.

Go to Ram Trucks - Pickup Trucks, Work Trucks & Vans and build a truck. All of the color options can be seen. How the second color appears on the sticker is a good question. I've forgot. I research 2 two tone trucks and the second color doesn't appear on the window sticker, just the primary color. Interesting.

Welcome to the forum.
What did the dealer charge to install the brake controller?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I and doing the search and find of in-stock trucks looking for the right one, or one that fits the budget.

questions-
Can the trailer brake controller be added after purchase, (OEM type only)

when looking at stickers on-line, White trucks, how can I tell what color the bottom color would be on a non-mono truck?

Thanks
I believe the lower color will be either Gloss Black on Outdoorsman two-tone, Bright Silver Metallic on a Laramie and White Gold on the Longhorns. I don't think there's an option to change the lower tone to a different color and not all colors come with two tone. One a white truck Laramie it will be Bright White Metallic with a Bright Silver Metallic, if you're looking at a Longhorn it will be Bright White Metallic with a White Gold lower.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the way it seems ...I looked at trucks on lots today and all laramies were silver base. I haven't found an actual longhorn on a lot yet. What are the differences ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts