RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put new pads and rotors on my 2016 ram 1500. After installing the pads and rotors I got in the truck, pumped the brakes a few times like you normally do after a brake job. The pedal gets hard and then slowly leaks down to the floor. I have changed the master cylinder and bled the brakes and I am still having the same problem. The brake pedal gets hard and stays that way with the truck off but leaks down with it running. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
245 Posts
When you push the pistons back into the calibers you should crack the bleeder screw open so the old fluid can escape through the bleeder screw instead of trying to force the brake fluid back to the master cylinder, as the post above says you may have caused an issue with the ABS block or even worse may have damaged the valve in the ABS block.

There is a procedure to bleed the brakes on vehicles with ABS and if you do not follow it you will have issues. You might need to go to a shop that knows how to bleed an ABS system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts