RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New member here. I did some searching of the forum but couldn't find any info on my situation. I have a 2015 ecodiesel. I just installed the Mopar Integrated Trailer Brake Module with my mechanic. Success on Step 1.
I then bought an OBDLink MX to do my own BCM flashing. Connected no problem. Success on Step 2.
I then purchased the AlfaOBD app and connected it to the OBDLink. Connected no problem. Success on Step 3.
I then updated 4 settings in the configuration. Success on Step 4.
I started the truck k with my trailer attached. The dashboard display recognized that the trailer settings had been added to the Body Control Module and it instructed my to adjust the settings on the radio display. I opened the settings menu and saw 4 selections for trailer type with "Light Electric" being the default choice. So far so good, success on Step 5.
I then went to set the gain as instructed in the owner's manual and noticed that neither the "+" button, nor the "-" button, nor the slider had any effect on the gain setting. Quite sure I am still mostly using my truck brakes with a default gain of 0. Is my ITBM module broken? Is there something not connected correctly? Is my harness toast?
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Maybe some info in the official AlfaOBD thread ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all. Just a terminology question here: I am probably not referring to my dashboard components correctly. I have a dashboard display (generic photo below) which is directly in front of the steering wheel. I also have a touch screen radio display (my own unit, second photo below) which is where the Radio/Media/Climate/Nav/Phone/Settings controls are. How do I refer to these two displays correctly?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,349 Posts
Just a terminology question here: I am probably not referring to my dashboard components correctly. I have a dashboard display (generic photo below) which is directly in front of the steering wheel.
The EVIC picture you posted is of the 3.5" EVIC. There is also a 7" version which is full color and has multiple pages, one of which is for the trailer brake specifically.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts