RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 970 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've never posted on this site before, as you will see under my avatar.
It's taken me a few minutes to stop laughing at what I have read, the thoughts people have put into words.
For the most part, I would say that most of you have no real idea what was wrong with the emission components on these trucks.
You see the possibility that you are going to get a cheque in the mail like it's free money. Then some will cry that they can't get a buy back that VW owners received.
( Maybe you want a newer truck, but financed the crap out of this one for the max term, hence the buyback being your way out. )
I did enjoy reading the post reply, that we should PAY to keep our trucks. This member actually understands what is happening and has common sense on his side.
Most of these replies remind me of my three year old stomping her feet and holding her breath.
Yes I will say the American mentality is to find the next ambulance chaser and go for broke, ( not all of course). People with common sense will forget the cheque is in the mail, and be excited to get it sometime in the next ten years.
It makes me laugh the number of stunned C*+#ts on here are so wrongfully done by.

Now let's say that some real harm was done, ie: a manufacturer has faulty steering columns and as a results kills a bunch of unsuspecting folks.
Other manufacturers produced vehicles with faulty airbags and the list goes on.
These are terms that cars should be bought back on.
Anyways, I like my truck and if something with the emission components goes wrong out of warranty, we'll all have good idea how to fix that really quick.

·
Registered
575 Posts
And look at what the extended warranty covers! It covers a lot.

It does include EGR cooler and DEF tank up until 120K miles.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I suspect the extended warranty will only cover the basic emissions components and the PCM. FCA is still going to get away with claiming the DEF tank is not a major component of the emissions system.

My guess is the $990 amount will probably be paid to owners of a 2016. $3075 amount will be paid to owners of a 2014. 2015 owners will get something in between. Of course this is pure speculation.
Go read the settlement offer. The entire DEF system is part of the warranty as well as the EGR, Turbo, and other systems that have been noted for frequent failures, except the entire engine, that is.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Note also that in the extended warranty an aftermarket ECM is probably grounds for exclusion.

·
Registered
606 Posts
It is all outlined in the proposal. Here is the quick synopsis. Please correct any of this if I misread/mistyped...

$3,075 if you are the original owner and purchased before 1/12/2017
$2,460 if you are the current owner, but an eligable former owner submits their claim before the deadline
$990 if you are a former owner that purchased before 1/12/2017 and sold before 1/10/2019

I am sure someone is hard at work creating a similar online tool to determine if you are eligable and what compensation you will recieve, like what was done for the VW settlement.

http://ecodieselinfo.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/fca-487.pdf

·
Registered
747 Posts
Nice!

I assume the $2800 offsets a potential drop in resale value and that required software update that may adversely alter advertised mpg.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi: All... Seems I'll fall through the cracks again!!! I'm not happy as I expected a new, top of the line truck, w/ extended warranty and a "BULLIT PROOF" power train too!!! Shoot for the moon and be lucky if you make it to the stars.
...to be continued.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Interesting that as we this is being settled this mornings paper said the Arizona AG has filed a diesel emissions suit against Mercedes

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice!

I assume the $2800 offsets a potential drop in resale value and that required software update that may adversely alter advertised mpg.
That probably isn't the logic, its the reduction in value due to resale and a small compensation to the original owner. Please read the class member benefit statement, at the very last it states that the update is not anticipated to change your current average fuel economy.

If I have learned anything from my son, who works as an attorney at the firm representing FCA, but no where near this case, it's read the documents.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yep the extended warranty is more than what I would have ever expected. Now if they had just included lower bearings it would have been a home run.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yep the extended warranty is more than what I would have ever expected. Now if they had just included lower bearings it would have been a home run.
Helps me feel a little better about keeping the truck as my retirement vehicle. Maybe I'll bank the $3,075 against a possible engine replacement. :confused:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Here you go. By pass the legal speak and go to page 62 Summary of benefits.

http://ecodieselinfo.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/fca-487.pdf

This document should answer everyone's questions

Additionally, you must have been an owner of a 2014-2016 prior to January 12th 2017 to be eligible. That makes my Ram eligible but not my newly acquired Grand Cherokee, darnit.
My bad. When it comes to lawyer stuff my eyes cross about paragraph 2 and I'm asleep by paragraph 3.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My current factory power train warranty is 100,000 miles. Do I get an additional 120,000 or just 20,000? If it’s the latter, the extension is just fluff to make us seem like we are winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
My current factory power train warranty is 100,000 miles. Do I get an additional 120,000 or just 20,000? If it’s the latter, the extension is just fluff to make us seem like we are winning.

Even so it folds back in most of the emissions controls which, with my truck, didn't extend to the full 100K miles power train warranty. That's still a win.

·
Registered
693 Posts

Hi: empinball... You're lucky... My extended warranty (paid for by me) is 100,000Kms. That's 60,000 miles!!! Added more than 3 monthly's to my loan too.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

41 - 60 of 970 Posts