RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What would stop a person from just removing the front two center sensors from the bumper, drilling a couple new sensor holes in the bull bar, lengthening the wires, then put the sensors in the bull bar holes. You would then have to plug the old holes for appearances. Maybe with dummy or broken sensors found online or something?

Am I missing something as it doesn't sound that complicated but I have never seen it or heard of it being done.

You would need a melt/form the sensor trim rings/shrouds or whatever they are to the curve of the bull bar. It would probably need to be on a reasonably flat portion such as the center plate on some of them.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What would stop a person from just removing the front two center sensors from the bumper, drilling a couple new sensor holes in the bull bar, lengthening the wires, then put the sensors in the bull bar holes. You would then have to plug the old holes for appearances. Maybe with dummy or broken sensors found online or something?

Am I missing something as it doesn't sound that complicated but I have never seen it or heard of it being done.

You would need a melt/form the sensor trim rings/shrouds or whatever they are to the curve of the bull bar. It would probably need to be on a reasonably flat portion such as the center plate on some of them.

Thoughts?
Was wondering the same. How did it go for you?

·
Registered
927 Posts

Thoughts?
Yes, that is possible. Rancher sells a kit for their grill guard.
Sensor Relocation Kit 75063 $110.00 MSRP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts