RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at bedliners since I'm sure it will be a while before the truck gets here and I didn't opt for the purgatory that is the Body Vendor stop for the factory liner. Has anyone used Bullet liner in previous trucks? My dad has it in his but it's only been a few years. The same shop is willing to do my truck for $350 so it is by far the cheapest and has the same lifetime guarantee as LineX and they did a GREAT job on his truck. Removed everything in the bed so no overspray on tie-downs or the 5th wheels bolts in his F350. But I'm open to others if anyone has noticed any problems with it long term.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I opted for LineX from the dealer for $400.-- I had that in a 2006 FX4 Ford and it was amazing. I could haul gravel or rocks without any dents or problems.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same here. LineX liner in my FX2 F-150 and it worked great. Color fades a little after a few years, but no big whoop.

·
Registered
34 Posts
uuh, guess what...when I picked up my truck the dealer sent my truck to RHINO instead of LineX. When he sold it to me he said it would be LineX but when it came in he had a RHINO dealer do the spray in liner. So I have RHINO liner and not LineX. It looks good and in fact I had the truck already home before I noticed the RHINO emblem in the bed. I looked through my paperwork from the dealer and noticed it was RHINO liner paperwork. It is a little more course or thicker than LineX but I still think I would have preferred LineX since I know how it holds up over time.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I wouldnt sweat it. Rhino still has a lifetime warraty so it should be taken care of in the event that you have an issue.

·
Registered
413 Posts
what comes from the factory ? my truck already had a spray in bedliner in it when I bought it .

·
Registered
290 Posts
Made by a different company. Used to be called Line X Xtra with kevlar by DuPont. Now it's called Line X Platinum made by something called polyurea. I had the xtra in my old truck and the stuff was bullet proof, if this new stuff does what they say it will be a lot stronger. The texture is rougher than the xtra, I can feel it when I rub my hand over it. They have the standard, premium and now platinum to choose from.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ok thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts