RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A good friend of mine ordered an diesel outdoors man (qc/long box), black on outside. Anyways the truck was supposed to come black paint with black bumpers (so he was told upon placing the order) it showed up thursday of last week with chrome bumpers. He asked me to put a post on here seeing if anyone Would like to trade his chrome for thier black bumpers(within a reasonable distance). Truck is brand new still at the dealer. So they are in brand new condition. PM me if anyone is interested thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had the same issue when my Outdoorsman showed up... both bumpers were chrome and it has chrome inserts on the door handles :mad:. I'm sure as your friend did...I ordered the Outdoorsman package mainly to avoid having chrome. What I've done so far is Plastidip the chrome inserts on the door handles and the front and rear emblems.... I plan to do the bumpers soon too.... Just an option if you can't find anyone that wants to do a trade.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is not what i wanted to hear gents!!! I put in the same order and have stressed to the dealer that it better come blacked out!!!! I have a feeling im going to get chrome bumpers as well! f*@K!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
100% you are, they DONT make aa blacked out tradesman! If u want blacked out I am almost 100 percent positive it only comes in my model (limited)....

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you ordered the Outdoorsman in Black MONOTONE, you get the chrome bumpers and handles with a body color grill. There was an option on Ramtrucks.com to get the Black with Black two-tone that would have black bumpers like the other two tone colors. It disappeared about a month ago and now apparently Crew Cabs ONLY come in two-tone. But I wouldn't go by their color list. Seemed like the page was having a hard time loading the correct picture files, I couldn't price out a CC 6'4 bed for most of April and May cause the picture wouldn't load and you couldn't select options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts