RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had enough even after getting new GDE tune. Just traded my 2015 EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn for the 2021 Limited Torque Midnight Edition. The only option I did not get was the side boxes.

Dealership gave me $28,000 on trade I had to say goodby. Will miss the truck but love the Hemi torque.

Good luck to everyone. Great forum.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,636 Posts
Nice looking truck and sounds like you got a great trade in price! I had an experience with that company years ago. Will NEVER give them a dime of my money.

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
It has only 28k. It is spotless. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Holy "cow" ... you did not really drive that truck much. That reads out like a typical year of ownership for mileage.

Since you do not drive much, having that Hemi will not bother you for fuel mileage and sound. As long as you do not tow heavy and distant, you may enjoy that engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was thinking of trading off my '14 Laramie Longhorn ED with 126K due to the potential stranding from the crankshaft reluctor ring. I make twice monthly 350 mile trips in Wyoming and don't want to be stranded as no warning is given. Unfortunately my best dealer offer was 19.5k and its worth 35k to me so I will use the Tundra around town and hope for the best on the road! Maybe the 2022 Tundra will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same thing. I had 2 2016's. A Laramie and a Limited. Engines did not make it 50k of all highway Texas driving. Bought a Ford Platinum F150. Just went to the local Ram dealer in Wichita Falls Texas and the GM Brad asked me to leave because of the problems with the diesels, Fleet manager and I were shocked. FYI, did the same thing and bought the E Torque Hemi (from a different dealer) 3.jpg 4.jpg 9.jpg 17.jpg 29.jpg . 1k in a week and a half and all is well. Other dealer said to stay away from the Ecodiesel because they will not hold up to 10 hrs of driving at high speeds. By the time I calculate the cost difference in the maintenance dept, I don't think there is any difference. I am disabled and the barn door tailgate is fantastic. I am putting in a bed slider but am unable to find an electric cover with the new tailgate. They need the mountain brown or something in the Limited. Black and blue just does not cut it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had enough even after getting new GDE tune. Just traded my 2015 EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn for the 2021 Limited Torque Midnight Edition. The only option I did not get was the side boxes.

Dealership gave me $28,000 on trade I had to say goodby. Will miss the truck but love the Hemi torque.

Good luck to everyone. Great forum.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You got 28K for a 2015 ED Ram?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts