RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove 1100 miles to CO pick up my truck. Spent 1 hour at the DMV to register the truck, no big deal (out in an hour)!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
1100 miles? You like to drive! I traveled 3 miles to pick up mine. Plates came in the mail a month later.

Enjoy the truck! :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just goes to show how much the Ecodiesel is in demand. I think you are the second guy to travel 1000 miles or more for one.

It may have been a long drive but it was worth it. I bet you were plenty happy with the mileage and the ride. You bought a great truck, well done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I get lucky enough to buy one, I will probably go out of state. I don't know what the deal is with Vegas dealers, but they all seem stupid high. My last two vehicles, I've gone to Az to buy. Much better condition, 20k lower miles and cheaper (by 3-6k) than the same exact cars here in Vegas. Crazy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hunter Dodge in Lancaster Ca had several available and claims to be the largest ram dealer in LA County. My daughter works there as well.
Local, selection, and good service department. No need to drive to far.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I had a GREAT buying experience at Hunter. I highly recommend them! MSRP was $56K and after all the discounts and rebates, I was out the door for $52.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I used Autotrader.com in my search. Wanted a Tradesman with all of the trailer equipment plus the rear view camera in a 4x4Quad. I ended up going to N. Carolina from PA. Flew down, drove 512 miles back. Got exactly what I wanted and the dealer was GREAT to work with. There are a lot more Laramie ECD's out there than Tradesmans.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I did the reverse last April. Bought in CA (Ordered and got a $4k discount. they delivered to AZ, (Transaction notarized.) Transport tags provided. Drove to and Registered in Colorado. Saved about $5k in Sales and use tax. just State 2.9% sales tax + registration. $1,500 on a 47k purchase..

now 10k miles and happy, Happy, HAPPY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts