RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might the wrong place to post this.

Anyone else notice their cab to box body lines being off? Its most noticeable near the bottom of the box on my driver's side and by looking at the clearance between the vertical rubber wing on the box and the cab. I noticed it on another truck on the dealer's lot, though it wasn't as bad. It looks like the box is cock-eyed or sitting more heavy on the passenger side by at least 1/2 inch. I notice the differences it looking through my side mirrors. I crawled under the truck and there didn't appear to be any adjustment in the box mounts, like slotted mounting holes. Needless to say I still bought the truck, but the dealer will look into it this week when I bring it in for repairs to several scratches, dents, and a ripple (what appears to be a 12" kink in the body right above the exhaust exit that probably). I'll try to get some pictures up later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Talked to the dealer body shop, who will be fixing some scratches, dents, and a body crinkle, and they said the misalignment of the cab and box is something they've seen before, even worse than mine, which is about 1/2-1 inch off. The box has no adjustment, but the cab does. It requires loosening the cab mount bolts and some muscle to realign. My appointment is set for mid May.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts